#9: What kind of father are you?

Chapter Nine: "What kind of father are you?

ROSÉ WAS DRIVING Jisoo for her hair appointment as the older girl did not have a driver's license. Initially none of them did as YG forbid from driving but as time went by they ban was lifted and Rosé got hers immediately while Jennie was currently learning. Jisoo and Lisa for some reason had not bothered to get one.

Jisoo had said, "Why do I need one? We already have you two." referring to Jennie and Rosé.

Rosé halted in front of a white two-story building. "Go on in first unnie, I'll park."

"Alright Chae, see you inside." Jisoo replied, waving at the younger girl before stepping out of the car and going in.

Rosé parked her car and was about to exit her car when a gold object caught her eye. She picked the ring up, examining it in the light. It looked it familiar but it wasn't hers and was sure it wasn't Jisoo's. She had not worn anything on her fingers when they left.

Then it hit her. Namjoon had worn one on his index finger the other day when they went biking. She had given him a ride back home for lunch that day.

She called him up to ask if she could return it but he didn't seem to pick up. She instead called the landline when Jungkook picked up.

"Chae?"

"Jungkook, hi! Is Namjoon oppa home?" 

"Rap mon hyung? No, everyone's in the agency. They're in dance practice."

"Oh, I see. Don't you have to practise with them?"

"I do, but I uh caught the flu so my members told me to rest" he replied and as if on cue, he sneezed.

"Damn, you have it bad. Did you visit the doctor?" she asked, concern marring her voice.

"No I- achoo- I'm fine" he replied.

Rosé hung up after telling him to rest well but she couldn't shake of the concern that was growing in her. She shook her head to clear her thoughts as she walked out of the car park.

It's fine Chae, he is a grown man. He can take care of himself.

But she couldn't believe that. She grew more restless with every passing second before she lost it.

"Fuck it." She muttered under her breath before making a turn and running back to her car. She started the engine and drove straight to the BTS dorm, calling Jisoo to tell her that something came up.

-

Rosé rang the doorbell, carrying a small bag of supplies she had bought on her way. The door swung open to reveal Jungkook. She didn't know what she expected but that wasn't it.

He was in his cooky pyjamas which were wrinkled, probably from sleeping. His eyelids were droopy, looking tired, his skin was flushed, his nose was red and cheeks were puffy.

"Chae?"

Hearing him on the phone had masked his rough and dry voice and Rosé realised how sick he was. "Gosh, you are really sick" she fretted, as he let her in.

"I'm *cough* fine" he tried but Rosé was having none of it.

"Nope you're not, have you eaten?" He shook his head in negative.

"Get in bed, I'll get you something to eat," she instructed.

When he tried to deny she stared at him and said, "Are you going or do I have to drag you there? You won't even have the strength to stop me looking at how sick you are so just be a good boy and go."