#24: I can't listen to you.

Chapter Twenty-Four: "I can't listen to you."

"WHAT ARE YOU doing here?" Rosé asked, opening the door.

"Chaeyoung-ah, you need to listen to me-" Jungkook started, sounding hysterical.

"Okay okay calm down, let's go inside first alright?" she said softly. She opened the door wider to let the man in before locking it again and sitting down next to Jungkook. It was when she sat down, that she realised the tears in her boyfriend's eyes.

"Hey what's wrong?" she asked, gently holding his hand.

"You didn't see the news?" he asked, surprised. He was hoping she didn't. It would be easier to convince her that it wasn't what it seemed like.

"Oh, that..."

Jungkook's flicker of hope died down, her tone indicating that she knew. "Chaeyoung, please you've got to believe me, I never did anything. Please, you have to. You promised you'd be by my side no matter what pleas-" he started, frantically trying to find words to make her understand as he gripped her hands in his.

"Jungkook."

Jungkook stopped talking and looked at her, fearful of what came next.

"I'll believe you, whatever you say. But your explanation can wait. I can't listen to you when I'm concerned about you, and you crying hurts me more than that picture" she whispered, looking into his eyes which were glossy with tears. She gently pulled her hands away and poured him a glass of water, insisting for him to take a sip. Once he was done, she wiped the remaining tears on his face and when she was sure he was calmer, she spoke again.

"If you want to explain now, then go ahead."

Jungkook took a deep breath, narrating everything that happened. Rosé had not reacted or tried to speak. She just say there, held his hand and listened to him attentively.

"You believe me don't you?" he asked nervously.

"Jungkook, I have two options. I can either believe you, the man I love or I can believe dispatch, the one who will do anything for news even if it's fake. Which one do you think I'll pick?" she asked.

"So you won't leave me?"

"Course not! Jungkook, if you need me to leave you, you need to fuck up big time, because I'll choose you over and over again." She assured him, smiling slightly. Jungkook heaved a huge sigh of relief as he heard her words. What in the name of God did he do to deserve such a loving girlfriend?

"God, I love you so much Chae. There's no one as understanding or loving as you." he said, throwing his body onto hers in a bear hug, making her laugh as she wrapped her own arms around his back.

"Chae?" Rosé hummed in response, pulling back from his embrace.

"Why didn't you call me when you saw the news?"

"I assumed you haven't seen it because if you had, I knew you respected me enough to give me an explanation. And I didn't want to be the one to let you know," she replied.

"Why not?"

"Just in case the issue led to us having an argument, I didn't want to pull the I-was-the-one-who-reached-out-first card on you," she answered. "It isn't your fault if you were busy and saw it late but I might not be sensible enough to see that."

Jungkook was once again taken aback by her thoughtfulness. She still cared about him even when he was reported to having an affair. He couldn't imagine how hurt she must have felt when she saw that, even if she did not show it. But she had still trusted him. Trusted him enough to hang on and fight for their relationship. She was the true embodiment of an angel.

"Park Chaeyoung, you're the best person on earth you know that? You're an angel sent from heaven to me. You're my love, my life and my everything. I love you to the moon and across the Saturn, Jupiter and around Mars and above-" he said as Rosé stopped him by placing her lips on his, kissing him briefly.

"Jungkook, I know how you feel, you don't have to name me the entire solar system." She said, making him laugh. But she understood the sincerity behind those words. He wasn't just playing around. He genuinely loved her so much he couldn't find a way to show it to her. As he laughed, tears started streaming down on his face. Rosé smiled, wiping his tears away and placing a kiss on his forehead.

"Did you check on Sana?" Rosé asked.

"Umm no..." Jungkook trailed off.

"I'll give her a call later. She must be rattled as well," Rosé mused in a thoughtful gaze.

"You're... You're not mad at her?" Jungkook asked, a little bewildered. Why was she so caring about a girl who almost jeopardised their relationship?

"Why would I be?" Rosé questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"I mean, she did hug me so I thought you won't like her or something."

"Jungkook, let's think from her perspective. She was all alone when her boyfriend kissed someone else right in front of her. She was hurt. She was hurt and you guys were the first ones who approached her and asked if she was okay. She just clung onto the only form of support she could find," Rosé explained. "Sometimes, all we want is a little love even if it isn't true."

"You're right," Jungkook responded, in awe about how thoughtful Rosé was even in such a situation. She was just too pure for this world. "I'm so sorry Chae, you must have felt hurt when you saw that," he choked out. He couldn't help but feel guilty that he put her in such an insecure position.

Rosé pulled him against her, making him rest his head in the crook of her neck as she hugged him, his arms gripping onto her torso. "Shh... I'm okay. I'll never believe anything unless you tell me yourself because your words are the ones I trust. Babe, I love you and I won't let anyone get in between us. It's always going to be us. It's me and you" she assured him.

"Me and you." He repeated.

He sighed in relief, resting his head against her chest as he hugged her while her body heat warmed him up in the cold studio. They just sat there, their bodies touching, for a long time.