#33: IT WAS NOT A FIGHT!

Chapter Thirty-Three: "IT WAS NOT A FIGHT!"

"What is it?" Jungkook asked for umpteenth time.

The couple was in Rosé's car. She had wanted to give him his gift as ever since they came back from LA, she did not have a chance to. But she had accidentally told him beforehand and now he was dying in curiosity.

"Jungkook, wait." she said.

"But I want to know!" He whined.

"See? This is how I feel everytime you do this to me." She smirked, finally gaining the upper hand in such a situation. Jungkook groaned. If she was taking her revenge, he knew she won't give in. He would just need to wait. So he gave in. His girl was stubborn and feisty. He adored that normally but in this situation, it put him at a disadvantage.

"Don't have high expectations. It's a very simple gift." Rosé warned.

"I'll love whatever you give me sweetheart," Jungkook assured her, taking her hand on the gear in his.

"Hope you do. Now c'mon." she said, reaching the Blackpink House. She pressed her thumb to the lock which granted them access and they went in.

Jungkook followed his girlfriend curious to her room. She walked into her study and got out a huge rectangle object wrapped in brown wrapping paper and a gold ribbon.

"Here." She placed it on a stand and gestured for him to open it.

He gently tugged at the ribbon, and removed the brown paper covering the gift. The moment he laid his eyes on it, his eyes widened and jaw almost dropped to the floor.

"Oh my gosh! Chae!" He wrapped her in a tight hug. "Thank you! Thank you so much!"

"It's fine Jungkook." She laughed as he let go.

He once again took a good look at the gift. It was a portrait, a painting of him. She noticed Rosé's sign at the bottom and couldn't be more sure that it was her own hands that did the work.

"It's so beautiful

"It's so beautiful." He whispered, taking in how well she had painted him. It even made him wonder if he really was that handsome or it was just her who made him look better.

"It's beautiful because you are beautiful Jungkook." Rosé said softly, smiling lightly at him.

"And that was one of the best things I've heard from you," He said and was about to kiss her when she stopped him.

"One of the best?" She raised an eyebrow. "What is the best thing then?"

"The best is..." he brushed her hair out of her face as he spoke. "The best is when you tell me you love me." He finished, a smile touching both their lips.

-

"God Jungkook! Why can't you understand?"

"Chaeyoung, you're the one who's throwing your opportunity away!"

The 6 BTS members watched amused and a little scared at the same time as they watched the young couple argue.

"I'm trying to be a good girlfriend!"

"I never said you weren't. But you should have at least told me about it if you were going to make a decision that was based of your relationship with me!" Jungkook retorted. "I had to find it out from Chanyeol hyung, the man who is always being shipped with you and that pisses me off!"

Chaeyoung had only shared the news with her members but Jennie had accidentally spilled it to her boyfriend and Kai in return had spilled it to Chanyeol. When EXO and BTS had met at a rehearsal as all the award shows were coming up, Chanyeol had gotten the news to Jungkook. Rosé did not even know why Jungkook and Chanyeol were talking about her in the first place, wait scratch that. Rosé didn't know why Jungkook was even talking to Chanyeol in the first place.

"Chanyeol is no one except a friend, not even a close one. You have nothing to worry about." Rosé said, sighing.

"I know babe I trust you. I just don't exactly like him. But that's not the point. The point is you've got to take up the offer."

"Jungkook, this is a romantic thriller. You hear me? Romance! Intimacy is key. If I act, I'm basically betraying you!"

"It's not betraying if it's just an act and I'm telling you I'll be fine so I don't seen any other problem here!"

"So you'll be fine? If you see me kiss someone on screen repeatedly?" Rosé asked, raising an eyebrow and folding her arms across her chest.

"Okay, honestly I'll be jealous and might be insecure," he admitted but went on, "but you can assure me. All you have to do is tell me you love me when I'm jealous and I'll believe you."

"Jungkook, why are you so insistent on me taking up the role?" she asked, exasperated. She was both grateful and annoyed at the same time. She was grateful to have someone who just wanted her to expand her career even if it wasn't something he liked but annoyed because he wouldn't realise how guilty this would make her feel.

"Rosie, I know you like acting. You've said how much you love the times when you acted in your MVs. And you're an amazing actress. I don't want you throw it away for me when it clearly means a lot to you," he said softly, folding her into his arms.

"I just want to be loyal to you." she mumbled, her voice muffled by his shirt.

"You are and will be. Now accept it and make me proud." he said, the finality crystal clear in his voice. He felt her nod in his embrace and smiled, dropping kiss on her crown.

"And the happy couple!" Jimin announced, clapping his hands together as the couple separated, Rosé sitting down next to Taehyung with Jungkook on the other side of her.

"I got to say, this was a really mature fight." Hobi commented.

"It wasn't a fight," Jungkook countered but Namjoon carried on as if he never spoke.

"True, normally people argue their sides but these two argued for each other. Rosie fought so that he won't feel insecure and jealous. Jungkook fought so that she won't throw her career opportunities away."

"It wasn't a fight" Rosé repeated Jungkook's words, pulling his shirt just to kiss him for a second before resting her head on Taehyung's lap and her feet on Jungkook's lap as she grinned up at her boyfriend.

"Wow, if I'm having a fight, I want it to be like this one." Taehyung said, playing with the girl's hair.

"IT WAS NOT A FIGHT!" Jungkook and Rosé chorused together so loud that the members flinched, Jimin literally falling off his chair.

Their shocked expressions morphed into smiles as soon as they saw the couple laughing after shouting like that. It was always said that, Jimin and V, Suga and Hobi and Namjoon and Jin were soulmates. And now finally, Jungkook had found his, though his was a different kind of love. But love was love.