#29: Aren't I enough?

Chapter Twenty-Nine: "Aren't I enough?"

"Jungkook, are you ready?" Rosé asked, checking herself one last time in the mirror. She was wearing a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a denim shirt. She hooked her shades onto the neck of her shirt which left the three top buttons open.

"Yeah, let's go." He took her hand in his and stepped out of the suite.

The couple was going to receive the BTS members who were landing in New York a little later that day. The airport provides celebrities with a secret exit to use so they didn't need to worry about being caught by fans.

"Why are we going so early again?" Jungkook asked as they go into the van driven by Rosé's driver.

"To get them gifts." Rosé replied. "I wanted to give you guys gifts for being so successful to be invited by the UN."

"But you guys are also representing UN in Cop26." Jungkook said.

"That's different."

"But-"

"Can you not ruin my mood. I am trying to be proud of you guys." She stopped him, annoyed at his humility.

"Yes my highness," he chuckled.

-

"Gosh are you done?" Jungkook asked the girl who was still picking up gifts for his members. To his surprise she had gone all out in her gifts, as they were quite expensive. She had even reserved some of them beforehand.

She had gotten Yoongi a specially customised guitar and a pick that said 'prod. Suga'. She had gotten Jin a smokeless wood & charcoal burning fire pit due to Jin's love for barbecued food and so he would be able to barbecue his food at home whenever he wanted.

Rosé had bought a foldable e-bike for Namjoon to fulfill his devotion for cycling. She had gotten a pair of those weird shoes that had spiky grooves from Fila for Hobi. When Jungkook asked what she had gotten for Jimin, she had shown him his present in the van. She had bought a white platinum bracelet lined with little diamonds for Jimin, from YSL. And currently she was choosing a jacket for Taehyung at Gucci's flagship store.

"Jungkook, just wait a second. I have shortlisted it to seven. Do you want to help me pick out?" She asked.

"It's your present, pick your favourite. He would like whatever you get him anyway." Jungkook assured her. "Also it's Gucci. There is nothing he dislikes from Gucci."

"Alright," she laughed and gave one last look before deciding. "I'll take the black one with gold embellishments. Thank you!" she said, pointing to the jacket of her choice. The sales assistant nodded and showed her to the cashier to pay for it.

"How about my gift?" Jungkook asked as she came back, passing the bag which contained the jacket, to her bodyguard.

"You have me! Aren't I enough?" she raised an eyebrow, biting back a smile. Jungkook pouted but didn't say anything. Rosé laughed inwardly. If only he knew what she had gotten for him.

-

"Woah Chae, this is so cool!" Jin said excitedly as he checked out his new fire pit.

"The jacket too! Thank you so much Rosiee! I love you!" Taehyung threw his body on her in a hug and was met with Jungkook's deadly glare. His eyes widened as he realised what he had just said. "AS A SISTER!" he added urgently, not wanting to die in Jungkook's hands.

The boys were currently in Rosé's suite. They had all decided to stay in the same resort as hers so their rooms were in the same corridor as hers as well. As soon as they heard that Rosé had bought them gifts, they were too excited so Rosé had led them to her suite to check their gifts out.

"Oh my gosh it's so pretty. Thank you my long lost sister." Jimin said, opening the blue velvet box.

"It's okay. Here, I'll help you put it on." Rosé fastened the bracelet on his hand.

"I'll wear it to the UN." he promised.

"Thank you princess, the guitar is really amazing." Yoongi said, bumping his fist with hers.

"Where's Namjoon?" Yoongi asked, unable to find the leader in the suite.

"Outside, riding his bike." Jungkook answered. Namjoon had seemed to love his present more than anyone else as he had thanked Rosé a million times before trying out the new bike. Luckily, the resort was one of those hotels which is specifically for celebrities. Hence, the corridor was deserted.

"Hey," Rosé said as she sat beside her boyfriend. "Your present, is in Korea."

"What? You got me one?" He asked, surprised.

She nodded in affirmation. "Yep, but you'll have to wait."

"What, at least tell me what it is!"

"Nah," she smiled cheekily.

"Rosie, love, please honey?" Jungkook buttered her up with nicknames.

"Nope."

"C'mon, you know I can't handle suspense." He whined.

"Jungkook?" He sighed, looking at her as he recognised the finalty in her tone.

"Yes?"

"I love you." she pressed a kiss to his lips, causing a smile to appear on his face.

"Hey! Respect us single people!" Jin said, throwing a pillow at them, making the couple break apart.

"Hyung, you're ruining their moment." Jimin pointed out, poking his shoulder.

"Some things never change," Jungkook mused as he listened to Jin defend himself. "My dear members keep bickering no matter what."

"Well, we won't have it any other way." Rosé commented, intertwining their fingers.

"True." Jungkook, kissed her temple. "You know what I like about us?"

"What?" Rosé perked up, a little excited to know his answer.

"I like how we don't just love each other but also maintain close relationships with our members. My members love you as their sister, no doubt. Your members have accepted me as a younger brother and have always been nice to me." He expanded. "Except Lisa though." He made a face. "That girl keeps on arguing with me especially over you. Every time I come over to see you, she will hit my arm and tell me how I stole you from her." He rolled his eyes.

Rosé laughed. "Your friendship with my twin is very entertaining for me."

"Sure it is for you but not me." Jungkook shot back. He pulled his hand away from hers and instead wrapped it around her shoulders. "But I have to admit. She has been the perfect partner-in-crime for us." He confessed, thinking about the times Lisa had covered for them, helped Jungkook out when he needed advice when he wanted to get Rosé a gift or suggesting places Rosé would want to go in a date during their initial days when he was still getting to know his girlfriend.

"True. She's probably our biggest supporter and biggest enemy of our relationship," Rosé laughed.

"It will be fun if both our bands come together." Jungkook sighed, his eyes trained on Hobi who was dancing in his new shoes even though there was no music playing.

"Maybe we can plan a getaway or something." Rosé suggested.

"Make it two. One for the nine of them while the two of us can spend it alone!" Jungkook suggested cheekily.