#39: Junghyun oppa.

Chapter Thirty-Nine: "Junghyun oppa."

"Are you free next Tuesday?" Rosé asked, stroking Jungkook's hair while he laid down on her lap.

"Why?" he asked, opening one eye to look up at her.

"Coz it's your birthday you duffer!" she snapped, her hands pausing their movement as she exclaimed.

"Oh right! Um yea till the afternoon," he answered.

"What are you doing in the evening?" she asked, resuming to play with his dark curly hair.

"Going home, in Busan." He replied. "It's my mother's rule to have a family dinner at each of our birthdays."

Rosé nodded in understanding. She wished she could see her family on her birthdays too. She hadn't celebrated her birthday with them ever since she came to Korea as a trainee.

Her trainee years made it impossible to go to Australia and after debut, though she could visit them, her birthday was in February. Since that was around the start of the year, they were always busy so she had spent nine consecutive birthdays without them. Nevertheless, she was over the moon that Jungkook could spend time with his family. He deserved it after all his hard work.

"Alright, do you want to meet in the afternoon then?" she asked.

"Why? Why not morning?" His eyebrows creased.

"You need to spend time your members too." she reminded him.

"I will! You can be there too. My hyungs love you Chae," he reasoned.

"I don't doubt that. But you guys need some quality time together with just the seven of you," she insisted. Jungkook frowned. Rosé laughed at his childish tantrum. He was such a kid. She pressed a kiss to his forehead. "We can still see each other in the afternoon, and I'll leave before the evening." she said.

"Or you won't leave..." he smirked.

-

"Jungkook this is a bad idea," Rosé said as Jungkook came to a stop in front of a small but neat terrace house in Busan.

"Chae, it's all going to be okay. My parents are going to love you," Jungkook assured her while enclosing her hands in both of his.

"What if they don't?" she cried.

"You know what my mom told me on the phone when I told her we were dating?" he asked.

"That you should be looking for a girl in your league and I'm not good enough for you?"

Jungkook glared at her. "Why do you keep putting down yourself?"

Rosé shrugged in response, making him sigh as he leaned in and pressed a kiss directly on her lips. "You're the most beautiful woman I've seen inside-out and I am lucky to have you in my life Chae. You're too good for me."

"But to answer the question," he continued. "She didn't say that. She thought I was joking. She told me to stop pulling her leg because she would never believe that I got a girl like you in my life. Because you were just perfect in every way." Jungkook tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Trust me, they are going to love you." he whispered.

Rosé nodded, letting herself believe his words. She smiled at him, pushing the uneasy feeling that knotted in her abdomen deep down. Jungkook clasped her hand as soon as they exited the car and walked over to the door. He rang the doorbell, and gave her a warm smile. Rosé looked down at her dress. It was in royal blue, hugging her tightly till the waist and flowed down to her knees. It had a sweetheart neckline and lacked designs and gems. Simple and neat. She hoped Mrs Jeon would like it. The door opened, a woman, a foot shorter than Rosé, stepped out with a wide smile, hugging Jungkook's torso.