Is It Lame To Write About Your Cat?

It depends on the cat, of course.

If your cat could fly, that would be a real story.

My big yellow cat, Tom, can't fly.

Sorry, I would love to tell that story.

This story is not quite as impressive.

However, Tom is an unusual cat.

Born in my garage, one of only three kittens that lived. Myrna, his mother, was too young and apparently unable to administer motherly instincts.

She presented the kittens to my huge bassett hound, Murphy.

Murphy, amazing in his own right, lovingly licked the kittens with his hugh tongue.

We were shocked!

Still, we took the kittens from the dog and did proper cleaning of them.

We encouraged Myrna nurse them and somehow they survived.

But, the damage had been done, Tom thinks he is a dog.

Now Tom is huge, healthy, and rules his turf.

He would bring dad, Murphy, rabbits. Hopping over the fence to get one as instructed by Murphy. Obviously Murphy couldn't hop over the fence to get one.

As a reward, Murphy would push Tom to the ground and gnaw the back of his neck with his huge open mouth. Tom loved it. Strange!

But not as strange as our big white rabbit who used to hump our yellow smiley face soccer ball. We renamed our rabbit WILSON. But, that's a much longer story than I should give time to writing about pet stuff.

Stay tuned!

Maybe I'll find a cat that can fly!

Or a bassett hound that can hop a four foot fence!

It seems that I attract weird animals.

Very scary!

But no more big amorous rabbits, a preacher moved in next door.