𝖘𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞

CHAPTER SIXTY: 𝐍𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐑 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒

▬▬▬❦▬▬▬

Today was alright, I guess. Because I just woke up and there were no Fred and George changing my hair color while I was asleep.

It was quiet, short to say. Charlie went back to Romania, Tonks hasn't still returned after she left a few days ago because her day-offs ended. Fred and George left yesterday to arrange and facilitate their products inside Weasleys Wizard Wheezes because they plan to open the shop next month.

Draco and I kept each other's company, playing Exploding Snap, reading random books at the library, talking about a certain topic, prying on Walburga and Orion's things that mostly consisted of brewed potions and jewelries and everything else. Remus and Sirius would sometimes accompany us if they weren't too busy.

I stood up from my bed, stretching my arms, wearing my slippers before proceeding my way down the stairs for breakfast. Before I entered the dining room, I rubbed my eyes gently to get rid of possible eye crusts.

I didn't have the strength today, my mood was too low. All I could do was panic internally.

I entered the dining room and saw everyone minding their own business. Draco and Remus was reading, Molly was cleaning, Sirius was reading a newspaper.

It was terrifying how it looked like it was a normal day. When in fact, Sirius was about to meet a terribly fate in a few hours.

"Nicolette, dear. This is the second time you've woken up very late, you'll get stomach sickness very soon if you continue to do this." Molly sighed as she set a plate full of food in front of me.

"Sorry, Molly. I couldn't sleep last night." I gave her an apologetic smile, or what seemed to be the closest to a smile.

I ate my food blankly while listening to Draco who began to read the book out loud so I could know about what he's reading.

I did my daily routine after, I took a bath, read a book, eat, paint, sleep. The more hours that passed, the more that my hands began to be colder and colder due to my anxiety.

I was always in my room for a reason, laying down and thinking. Draco and I were chattering about random things again, yet I was distracted.

And there, I realized it. It was 5 o'clock. I scrambled out of my seat, running out the dining room and down the stairs, ignoring Draco's calls.

I quickly ran down the stairs and searched for every room that has a chimney. I was only on the second floor when I heard distant voices, I quickly tiptoed downstairs and went to the dining room where I heard the voices.

I saw Kreacher crouching down in front of the fireplace, talking to Harry.

"Master will never return from the Department of Mysteries! Kreacher and his mistress will be alone again!" Kreacher cackled. I ran forward and pushed Kreacher aside.