𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖍𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖉

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED: 𝐀 𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐒𝐄▬▬▬❦▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬

I faced the lake in front of me, the soft rustling of the leaves entering my ears while I inhaled the fresh air.

I've been thinking about a lot of things, as usual. About the war, and what I'll do after it, to be specific.

Whenever I think of what would happen, there would be sudden images in my mind and it would be non stop.

But when I finally try to picture my future after this war, it's just a deep black hole that shouldn't be explored. Nothing. Just a huge black void filled with nothingness.

And it scared me, because after this, I no longer have a purpose. No more Nicolette Cullen who had knowledge about everything, it was just me, but lost.

No Mom, no friends, nothing.

There would always be a very small part of me that wishes this would never end, I know it may sound selfish, but without these adventures, I would be absolutely nothing.

But I know it has to end, because I care about these people and they do not deserve to die. All right, I admit it, I have a stupid hero complex.

I didn't want glory, to be honest. Sure, I wanted people to be amazed whenever they see me, but now I just wanted to save everyone else.

Was my thoughts beginning to get too long? I'm sorry for that, I can't help but overthink all the time.

I heard footsteps beside me and saw Draco holding two bottles of firewhiskey while he walked over.

"How are you feeling, Jills?" Draco asked me once he settled himself on the ground next to me.

I kept my stare on the beautiful scenery of the lake in front of me, the cold wind was calm for a December morning.

"I'm getting better since yestereay, I'm glad to say.." I spoke, pursing my lips while my thoughts were still racing through my head. It's true, I felt better ever since Ron came back and the locket was destroyed.

"And?" Draco questioned once he saw me reluctantly open my mouth to speak.

"I may never admit it to anyone else but you.. but I'm terrified." I let out a shaky breath, my heart pounding in my chest once again.

"I want to graduate," I added honestly. "I want to go to university and be a licensed professional at whatever course I'll take.. I wanna be successful then get married, I wanna reach seventy years old and look at my future grandchildren."