𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖞 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

CHAPTER NINETY NINE: 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍

▬▬▬❦▬▬▬

   DECEMBER 25TH.

It was now Christmas morning, I stared at the trees in front of me like I did back then. It was the thing I would look at when I felt the need to relax and be in solitude even for just a minute. Funny how I've seen this tree lose its leaves in the middle of Fall, and now it's back at its branches and was now covered with snow.

I was like on autopilot. I've been better, but I was like on autopilot. I was always thinking, because that's the only thing I could do now. We were five months into hiding now.

The nightmares stopped for a while, but what bothered me was that I was running out of pills. I think I only have enough for another week.

I stared at the long gash on my arm, it was wrapped with a bandage but it was still bleeding out.

The four of us went to Godric's Hollow yesterday, disguised. We decided to accompany Harry to visit his parents' graves for the first time. It was an emotional moment for all of us. Harry's parents were gone, Hermione's parents didn't know of her existence anymore, Draco was on his parents' opposite side of the war, I still didn't know where my mom is or if she existed here.

We listened to the Christmas carols sung by the children at a nearby church, feeling envious yet worried for those jolly people who had no other choice but to be dragged into the war.

We got attacked by the fake Bathilda Bagshot or Nagini for that matter, in the process. But it was not difficult to get rid of the snake, the problem was the weak foundation of the house we were in. The floorboards kept breaking, and it pierced my arms, which was why I had a long cut on my arm right now. Draco broke a leg when he fell in a hole, but Hermione was able to fix it. Harry's face was full of small cuts from the broken glasses that hit his face. It was a close call that Voldemort wasn't able to see us, still hidden under the effects of Polyjuice Potion.

The only devastating thing was Harry's broken wand.

We were back on our spot at the Forest of Dean, Harry was resting so Draco and Hermione took the wheel while they speculated about the Sword and the Deathly Hallows symbol Hermione saw last night. Of course I contributed information that didn't seem impossible for us to know about.

   I recalled the conversation we had when we decided to go back into camping out.

"We almost got caught last night?" Draco's voice boomed, the blonde boy shooting up from his seat in shock.

"Yeah, that Lewis guy is a Death Eater. He didn't even know I was American until I spoke, I think he's looking for us." I replied full of worry, folding some of my clothes in my bag laced with Undetectable Extension Charm.