𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐂 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐎𝐆𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒

▬▬▬❦▬▬▬

      We were woken up early in the morning by Arthur, he said that we're going to have to go home. I packed my things after taking a bath and changing in new clothes.

    Arthur packed the tents using magic, there's no need for handwork.

   We were halfway out through the campsite before passing by Mr. Roberts, who belonged to one of the families that were tortured last night.

     "Arthur! Merry Christmas!" Mr. Roberts waved at us as I snorted.

    "What happened last night was probably terrifying if we were caught, look at him! He could barely be sane." Ron whispered to me as I nodded in agreement.

    "Oh, he'll be alright, he's just disoriented for a while, seemed that they did a big thing to make him forget about everything," Arthur walked ahead, him holding on to his little walking stick.

    We arrived downhill where the Portkey laid, what surprised us was that there were so many families around it.

   "Dad! It's packed, how are we supposed to go home?" Ginny asked, pointing at the people around the Portkey.

   "Rest assured that I've always got ways, Ginny." Arthur said, before walking towards the people. We followed him, pushing past everyone who was on our way.

   "Basil! We're in need to go home as soon as possible, you still have Portkeys?" Arthur greeted him as Basil slouched before smiling.

   "You're lucky you're my good friend, Arthur. Have a safe trip home." Basil gave us a salute before giving us an old rubber tire.

   "Hold on, kids!" Arthur announced as we held on the Portkey.

   I felt the uncomfortable clenching of my stomach due to the motion, I felt like throwing up again. It was a good thing I haven't ate anything.

   We transported back at Ottery St. Catchpole, the same forest we've walked into before meeting the Diggorys.

   A few more minutes, we finally caught sight The Burrow. I could hear Fred and George exclaim in relief of being home.

   I saw Molly ran over to us once we reached the frontyard, realizing that she has been waiting for us.

   "Thank goodness!" Molly cried as she hugged Arthur, dropping a piece of parchment on the ground. "Arthur, I've been so worried!"

   I picked it up and saw a newspaper, an article entitled, "SCENES OF TERROR AT THE QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP" along with the photograph of the Dark Mark in the sky.