𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

CHAPTER SEVENTY THREE: 𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐒 𝐄𝐕𝐄▬▬▬❦▬▬▬

▬▬▬❦▬▬▬

   I stared at the ceiling, blocking out Draco's soft snores as I looked at the polaroid of Daphne and I plastered on the wall.

   If only I knew where she lived.

  I sat up on the edge of my bed, before opening Marvel's cage and letting him nuzzle his beak on my finger. I sighed, missing my best friend badly.

  I've only seen her this year, yet we only spoke for a couple of minutes. If only we had so much time.

  I felt the cold air of a Sunday morning rush through my face, blowing my hair out, feeling goosebumps on my skin.

  "Jills?"

  I turned and looked at Draco who slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes groggily.

  "Morning, Hobbs." I gave him a smile, putting Marvel back in his cage.

  "Why are you up so early? You've never woken up this early.. unless something's bothering you." Draco was now fully awake, a frown forming on his face.

  "I was just thinking about Daphne, I just miss her so much." I turned back to the window, hoping a certain owl would fly through like it always did two years ago.

  "She feels the same, we know that." Draco placed an arm around my shoulders as an attempt to comfort me.

  As if God could hear my prayers instantly, a heard the familiar hoot outside the window.

  "Siegfried!" I gasped, my eyes lit up after seeing the oh-so familiar owl. I gave it a treat I kept next to Marvel's cage, before grabbing the letter attached to his talons.

  I opened the letter excitedly, removing the silk ribbon Daphne always used to wrap her letter in.

  My dear best friend,

  Happy Holidays! How are you? I wished you were able to attend Hogwarts, in that way we could hang around more without complications. I am really really sorry if I weren't able to reply everytime you'd send me a letter.. my family's just too scared about Death Eaters finding out about our connections that they made us block out everyone around us.. I think it would be better if we don't send letters for a while.. if Death Eaters were able to track where you lived.. it's too dangerous. But rest assured that I will always be fine, please don't send anymore letters, I'm afraid my Mum would find out and not let me write to you anymore. I'll send more letters to you whenever I have the chance.