𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

CHAPTER SEVENTY EIGHT: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐃▬▬▬❦▬▬▬

▬▬▬❦▬▬▬

  A few months has passed by, Draco and I went back to our Auror training (Sirius suggested we do additional lessons). Everything went back to normal after Christmas break. It was now Ron's birthday and I've been feeling anxious for a while now because I know he's going to get poisoned.

  We have just eaten dinner and Sirius was on a drinking spree again.

  ".. I haven't heard about him in days! This is truly worrying me-"

  "Sirius, Harry just went back to school.. he's obviously going to be busy there. Harry would talk to you if something is actually wrong.. but he wasn't looking for you yet, so we could assume that Harry's doing perfectly fine at Hogwarts." I cut Sirius off who had been pacing around the kitchen for 5 minute now.

  Maybe I shouldn't tell him that Harry's been on a secret task about Slughorn given by Dumbledore, I know he's not gonna waste a second to go to Hogwarts.

  "I couldn't help it! He was able to be possessed by You-Know-Who while we're around him.. how can you be sure that he's not going to be harmed in Hogwarts?" Sirius sat down on the front of the table, taking a glass of whiskey.

  "Because Dumbledore would be there to protect him." I said, although I was trying to hide the lace of lies from my tongue.

  "Maybe you're right." Sirius sighed, leaning on his arm. "Maybe I've gone too overprotective.. I've just been too paranoid that I'll lose him too.. like James."

  Sirius' voice cracked, he was obviously drunk and was about to undergo an emotional breakdown. I quickly grabbed a glass of water, placing it in front of him.

  "You've had too much to drink, Sirius. You should drink water this time." I told him, Sirius slumped on the table for a second, before quickly taking a sip.

  "It's not a sin to be paranoid, Sirius. It shows that you're completely aware of your surroundings and that's what makes you a great Order member.. and a great Godfather." I spoke while Sirius sniffled on his glass.

  "I just miss them a lot.. Prongs.. Lily.. Evans.. and everybody else.." Sirius leaned on his arms, his tears dampening his sleeves.

  "I'm sure they're watching over us right now, and I'm sure they would've wanted you to not cry over them." I assured him, placing a hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

  We heard footsteps behind us, I turned and saw Remus and Draco standing on the doorway. Remus probably had just arrived because of his hands holding a box of cauldron cakes he always brought us every Saturday.

  "He's drunk.. and he misses them." I removed my hold over Sirius as Remus took my place. By them, they already knew who I was talking about considering that Sirius had a few mental breakdowns that started in January.. or maybe he didn't tell us that it has been happening way before that.