Chapter 38

The next day, Liu Zhan took office in a revised form. After Peng Can handed over the official seal, he was impatient to leave Huizhou. Although Li County is under Huizhou's jurisdiction, it has not been affected because of its location to the north and high terrain. After the flood. Yang Jin saw his footsteps drifting when he left. It's really difficult for him to grow so fat and walk out of Lingbo's microsteps.

On the first day Liu Zhanxiu took office, he took the officials and inspected Huizhou.

The streets of Huizhou were deserted and deserted, and Liu Zhanxiu found that most people had white cloth hanging at the door. Master Tang, who had been by Liu Zhanxiu's side, said hurriedly when he saw this: "My lord, the white cloth hanging on this door means that someone in this house died of floods or plague."

Liu Zhanxiu looked along and saw that almost every household was hung with white cloth. This was the busiest street in Huizhou. Looking at all this, Liu Zhanxiu had a better understanding of the severe situation here.

."Huizhou's continuous floods, how did they manage to deal with it?"

Master Tang replied: "The imperial court will allocate funds every year, and the government has been strengthening the dam every year, but with little success."

Liu Zhanxiu nodded, stopped talking, and walked straight forward.

He knew that Master Tang was definitely not clean, and he definitely couldn't tell the truth from his mouth.

Reinforcing dams every year is true, but how to reinforce it is a science.

When Liu Zhanxiu patrolled Nancheng and was about to go home, suddenly a scrawny old man fell in front of Liu Zhanxiu.

"My lord, please save my family, Abao, my son, daughter-in-law and old man are gone. Our ninth generation wears alone. Now there is only a single Miao Miao Miao left. Please save him."

.Master Tang is like a big enemy, eight feet away from his old brother, "You spoiled people, your grandson is definitely suffering from the plague, what if you are rushing to the adult and infecting the adult?"

The officials who followed all stepped back when they heard the sound. Now Huizhou has reached the point where the plague has changed. It is not the flood period, and the plague has not spread. If the flood is over, the family will often die together.

The people in Huizhou basically can only plant a little crop in the dry season of the Dayu River, and hurry to harvest before the flood, and the whole family will spend the whole year pointing to the grain of this season. It turned out that there were still people in Huizhou who went out to flee, but as soon as Huizhou fleeed, those city gates would be closed tightly and the victims were allowed to starve to death outside. Later, the people in Huizhou also accepted this reality and lived numbly, waiting for the day when God would take them away.

.Liu Zhanxiu glanced at Master Tang with a calm and unwavering look, and Master Tang's heart was raised, how could he feel that the adult's eyes were so awkward.

Liu Zhanxiu quickly stepped forward and helped the old man up, "Old man, take me to see your grandson."

The public servants have heard, even if they are reluctant, they still bite the bullet to keep up. There is no way. Now Huizhou is struggling to make a living. There is at least a fixed monthly payment available in front of the government. If you lose this errand, you may still pay Starved to death before waiting for the plague.

As soon as he entered the room, Liu Zhanxiu felt that the air was so dull that it was breathless. A small figure curled up on the dim bed, coughing from time to time.