A Special Announcement Version 2 (Same story minus the lemony bits)

You are sitting on the couch in your apartment reading a text message from Kurapika. He has completed a special mission and wants to take you out to dinner. You are interrupted by a soft knock on the door.

You smile as you answer the door.

"Melody!" you exclaim as you hug your friend.
"Hello, (Y/N). How are you?" asks Melody.
"Great! I'm just waiting for Kurapika. He should be here any minute." you answer.
"I can't wait to see him. How has he been?" asks Melody.
"He's good. He works a lot." you answer.

Melody looks at you with a worried expression on her face.

"Why are you sad?" she asks.
"I'm not sad." you answer.
"You know you can't lie to me," says Melody.

You shrug your shoulders.

"You're right. I just wish Kurapika would spend more time at home. He jumps from one mission to the next without resting in between. I worry about him." you answer.

The two of you sit on the couch. Melody places her hand on your shoulder.

"You know Kurapika. He is not one to rest." says Melody.
"I know. I just love him so much." you say with a smile.

Melody smiles back at you.  It is silent for the next few seconds. Melody's expression changes to one of concern.

"(Y/N)? Have you been feeling well?" she asks.
"Yes. Why?" you answer, confused.
"Shhh...I hear another heartbeat." she answers.
"Oh...that must be Kurapika. He's finally home!" you say.
"No...it's not Kurapika. It's coming from you." says Melody.
"From me?" you ask, confused.

Melody places her hand on your stomach. She smiles at you.

"A baby." answers Melody.

Your eyes widen as you look down at your stomach.

"Are you telling me I'm pregnant?" you ask, shocked.
"Yes. Congratulations." Melody answers.

You stand up and hold your abdomen with both hands.

"A baby? Are you sure?" you ask, in disbelief.
"Yes. One hundred percent sure." answers Melody with a smile.

You pace the apartment. You are excited, however, you wonder how Kurapika is going to react.

Will Kurapika be happy? Or will he be upset? He doesn't have time for a baby right now.

Melody interrupts your thoughts as if she is reading your mind.

"Kurapika will be overfilled with joy." she says to you.

You smile as you imagine Kurapika holding his baby.

Kurapika arrives minutes later. You run up to him and wrap your arms around his shoulders.

"Kurapika! I missed you!" you exclaim. You place your head on his chest and smell his suit. You missed Kurapika's scent.
"And I missed you as well. This is my favorite part of completing a mission...coming home to your beautiful smile." says Kurapika while running his fingers through your hair. He smiles.

You hold Kurapika for a few seconds longer before pulling away.

"Look who came to visit!" you exclaim as Melody walks up to greet Kurapika.
"Melody! It's been a long time...how have you been?" Kurapika asks Melody.
"I have been well." answers Melody with a smile.
"(Y/N) and I are going out to dinner. Would you like to join us?" Kurapika asks Melody.
"No, thank you. I believe you two have a lot to talk about." answers Melody while smiling at you.

You spend the rest of the evening with Kurapika. He takes you for a walk in the city after dinner. He looks very happy to be home after being gone for almost two months. You are happy Kurapika is home, however, all you can think about is how you are going to tell him about the baby.