The Diary

This was a special request. I hope you enjoy it! As always, I welcome all requests :)

July 3

I welcomed the cool breeze that blew against me on this warm summer night. I sat on the balcony looking out to the starry sky. It almost mirrored the city lights below.

Butterflies fluttered in my stomach. Kurapika has texted me saying he would be home tonight. I haven't seen him in almost a month! He's been working endlessly, trying to recover the last pair of his brethren's eyes. In all the two years of our relationship, this has been the longest we've been apart.

I have been cleaning our apartment, preparing meals, and just about anything to keep my mind busy. I just couldn't wait for my beloved's arrival! My excitement grew as I heard someone unlocking the door. I quickly ran back inside. My heart skipped a beat. Kurapika was finally home!

"My Heaven! Come here...it's been too long!" Kurapika wrapped his arms around me.

I took in his scent. Oh, how I've missed his lovely scent!

"Kurapika! I'm so happy you made it back home safely. I missed you so much."
"You were always on my mind. My only desire was to see you. You cannot fathom how much I've missed you." He pulled away to look into my eyes.

Kurapika had dark bags under his eyes. My heart sank to my stomach.

"Darling? Have you been taking care of yourself? Tell me the truth."
"Don't worry about me...I'm home, am I not?"
"Kurapika?"

He hesitated before answering me.

"I may have missed a few meals." He answered while hanging his head.
"And what about sleep?" I placed my hands on my hips.
"You know I can't sleep without you dreaming next to me."
"Oh, Kurapika. You need to take better care of yourself. For me." I placed my head on his chest.
"I know. I apologize. Now...are you done reprimanding me?" He made circles on my back with his hands.
"Yes. You know I just care deeply about you."
"I know. I appreciate that, " he said while pulling away to look me up and down. "I see you have been taking care of yourself. You look good. In fact...you look...sexy.

I felt myself blush. Before I had the chance to thank him for the compliment, his lips were already on mine. Like I mentioned before, we've been together for two years. Still...every time he kisses me...it feels like magic.

Kurapika finally broke the kiss for air.

"I love you, (Y/N)."
"I love you, too," I said. "Now go get cleaned up. I made you chicken curry."

A big smile spread across Kurapika's face.

"That was so thoughtful of you! I can't wait...I'm famished."

I heated up Kurapika's dinner while he showered. It felt so good to have him home. Thoughts of our future flashed through my mind. I discovered something special during his absence. As much as I wanted to tell him, I knew I had to wait. He just arrived from a long journey. He needed to rest first.

"It smells amazing here!" Kurapika said while walking into the kitchen.

He looked so sexy standing there wearing his pajamas. His hair was still wet.

He ate his dinner as if he hadn't eaten in days. I sat across from him.

"Oh, I was so excited to see you that I almost forgot...were you successful in retrieving the scarlet eyes?"

Kurapika had a look of disappointment on his face. He took a sip of water before answering me.

"Unfortunately...no. However, I did receive intel on where they might be."
"I'm sorry to hear that. So...when will you be leaving again?"