Broken Promises*

I received a request to write about a yandere Kurapika from his point of view. I don't want to give away too many details. Just expect a lot of smut and angst in this one. Enjoy! :)

These four gray walls welcome me every morning when I wake up. At least, I think it's morning. With no windows, it's hard to tell. Wait...I don't hear any screaming. It must be morning. The screams are usually heard at night. The screams of the other lost souls.

I sit up on my futon. My mind is numb. I can't seem to remember how I ended up here. I close my eyes, taking in a deep breath. The musty smell of this place fills my nose. I take in another breath, trying to take stock of how I'm feeling. I attempt to conjure my chains, but it appears this room is enclosed by Zetsu. My stomach growls, reminding me it's been a while since I had a meal. My bladder screams at me. I open my eyes again. I don't see a lavatory anywhere. Am I in hell?

A knock at the door interrupts my thoughts. I stand up to my feet and walk toward the locked door. I look down at the dark gray gown that is wrapped around my body. Why am I dressed like this? A small window opens. A woman dressed in white stands on the other side of the door.

"Good morning, Kurapika. I have your breakfast and morning medications."

"Medications? Why do I need medications?"

She shakes her head. "We go through this every morning. We are trying to help you."

"Help me? I'm locked inside of a box without a place to relieve myself. How is that helping me?"

I hear her unlock the door. "Do you need to use the restroom? Follow me."

I follow her down the hallway. Everyone who makes eye contact with me gives me a look of sadness. I notice she's still behind me when I enter the restroom.

"Uh...can you give me privacy?"
"I can't. I must watch every move you make," she says, voice monotone.

My eyes widen. "But...I...ugh." I don't bother to argue with her. My bladder is too full.

When I return to my room, she forces me to swallow some pills before giving me my breakfast.

"No chopsticks?" I ask her.
"No. We can't give you anything that you can use to harm yourself. You already know this."

I furrow my brow. "If I already knew, then why would I be asking?" I place the plastic bowl on the floor.

She doesn't answer my question.

"What were those pills for?" I ask her.

She looks annoyed with me.

I hear a familiar voice. "I'll take it from here."

A look of relief washes over her face. "Good morning, Dr. Paradinight! Thank you. He's all yours."

She walks away, leaving me alone with my friend.

"Leorio?"
"Hey, buddy. Wanna go outside?"
I look around my room. "Yes, please. Get me out of here."

Leorio takes me to a picnic table outside. I look around, taking in my surroundings. I can't remember the last time I saw the sun.

I sit down and watch as he takes a seat in front of me.

"Please tell me you're here to free me," I say, almost begging.

Leorio closes his eyes. "I'm afraid not."

"But...why?"

He opens his eyes and stares into mine. "Do you think you're ready?"

I give him a confused look. "What do you mean? I don't even know why I'm here."

He adjusts his glasses. "I can tell they're overmedicating you. I'm going to have a talk with the doctor before I leave."