You Are Mine, Only Mine*

You turn the key to Kurapika's apartment and walk inside, locking it behind you. It is dark inside so you turn on the light. He is still on his mission and should be returning soon. You haven't seen him in a month and you miss him terribly. That is why you decided to stay in his apartment.

The apartment is small, but very luxurious. His bedroom has ceiling to floor windows that overlook the city below. Kurapika is a minimalist so his bedroom is very tidy. You stare at his beautifully made bed and imagine sleeping next to him. You and Kurapika have been dating for almost a year now and he has never invited you to stay the night with him.

Is this relationship going anywhere?

You sit down on Kurapika's bed and eventually fall asleep. You wake up to the sound of the doorbell. You slowly open your eyes and walk to answer the door.

"(Y/N)? I was looking for Kurapika. Is he home?" Leorio asks. He is surprised to see you.
"No. It's just me." you answer, sleepily.
"Oh, that's strange. I thought he'd be here by now." says Leorio.
"What do you mean? Has he contacted you?" you ask.
"Yeah. He told me to expect him this evening. That was hours ago." Leorio answers.

You run back to the room to grab your phone. You check to make sure you didn't miss any calls from Kurapika. You angrily squeeze your phone as soon as you realize he hasn't tried to contact you.

You storm out of the apartment, pushing Leorio out of the way.

"(Y/N)? Where are you going?" Leorio asks, confused.
"I'm done!" you answer as you walk to the elevators.

Leorio quickly locks Kurapika's door and runs to meet you in the elevator.

"What are you talking about?" Leorio asks as soon as he steps into the elevator.
"Kurapika didn't call me. He never updates me about anything. It's like he doesn't care." you answer.
"That's not true. I know Kurapika very well. He just doesn't want to worry you." Leorio explains.
"Stop defending him, Leorio." you say as the elevator stops on the ground floor.

You step out as soon as the doors open.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Leorio asks.
"I don't know. Do you know a good bar?" you ask.
"A bar? You don't drink." Leorio asks.
"I'll start tonight." you say as you walk outside of the building.
"It's late. You shouldn't be out here by yourself." says Leorio.

You ignore him and continue to walk. You stop at the first bar you see. Leorio follows you inside. You notice him pulling his phone out of his pocket. He sends a text message to someone.

"Are you telling Kurapika? Don't bother. It's not like he's going to care." you say as you set your purse down on the bar. You hang your head down as tears begin to fill your eyes. Your heart aches as you think about Kurapika. You care deeply about him, but you feel like he doesn't feel the same way about you. "Leorio, please leave. I want to be alone."

Leorio walks out of the bar, but you know he is going to be waiting outside to keep an eye on you.

You order a sparkling water and sip it as you people watch. The small bar is actually cozy and has a relaxed vibe to it.

A few minutes later, a good looking young man sits next to you.

"Hello. Is anyone sitting here?" he asks you.
"No. Go right ahead." you answer.
"Are you meeting someone?" he asks.
"No." you answer.
"Forgive me...but what is a pretty girl like you doing all by herself?" he asks.
"You think I'm pretty?" you ask with a smile.
"Absolutely." he answers while looking at you up and down.

You blush as you realize you are wearing the red spaghetti strap dress that Kurapika likes.

"Uh...thank you." you shyly answer. You reach out to grab your water. The man gently places his hand on top of yours.