One Minute in Heaven* (Kurapika x Male Reader)

As requested, here is another Kurapika x Male Reader story. Enjoy!

One Minute in Heaven* (Kurapika x Male Reader)

"(Y/N)? Where are you going?"

I turn around, gripping my diploma to my chest. The spring breeze blows through Airi's chestnut-colored hair, sending her scent my way.

"Uh...Airi? I thought I told you...now that I've graduated, I'm going to move to the city."

She looks at me with tear-filled eyes. "But...why?"

I look to my left then right before returning my gaze to her. "There's nothing here for me."

She closes the gap between us. "There's...me."

She steps on her tiptoes and closes her eyes. I drop my diploma as she wraps her arms around my shoulders. My eyes widen when I feel her lips press up against mine.

I should want her. Not only is she the hottest girl in school, she's kind. Airi has been my only friend since grade school. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't be wearing this cap and gown right now. I've wanted to drop out so many times. She helped me defend myself against the other students who enjoyed tormenting me. I feel like I'm a stronger person because of her.

Maybe she just wants to give me a goodbye kiss. Uh...or...not. She's attempting to part my lips with her tongue. I can taste her strawberry-flavored lip gloss. Shouldn't I open my mouth and invite her in?

My body freezes in place. Why am I not responding to her kiss? Am I an idiot?

She pulls away. I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding. She looks down, her cheeks red with embarrassment.

She holds her elbow. "I...I'm sorry."

I wave my hands in front of her. "Please. Don't apologize. You were just trying to tell me goodbye, right?"

She shakes her head. "No. I love you, (Y/N)."

I gently pat her head. "I love you, too, Airi."

She looks up at me, tears falling down her cheeks. "No. You don't understand. I'm in love with you."

I jump back. "Uh...you are? Since when?"

"It doesn't matter," she says, her voice barely audible. "It's obvious you don't feel the same way."

She turns to leave.

I extend my arm toward her. "Airi! Wait!"

She looks over her shoulder. "Goodbye, (Y/N)."

I pick up my diploma and turn in the opposite direction.

___

I walk across the street with my head down. It's been a year and life hasn't exactly turned out how I had planned. Not that I had a plan to begin with. I figured once I arrived here, everything would fall into place. Isn't that why people move to the big city?

The thoughts in my mind seem to be getting louder. They almost deafen me. Wait...that's not my brain.

I feel someone grab me by the waist and run to the other side of the street. We crash down onto the pavement.

I feel his glare on me as he stands up. "That driver was honking their horn at you! Were you trying to get yourself killed?"

I look up at the blonde-haired man yelling at me. He's dusting off his suit with his hands. If he's so mad, then why did he save me in the first place?