Beautiful Blossoms of Demise (Lime)

Per request, here is a story about Hanahaki Disease. Enjoy! :)

A few years ago, you gave Kurapika information on where to find a pair of scarlet eyes.

"Who are you? How do you know about the scarlet eyes?"
"Just trust me." you answer.

He was able to retrieve them. He has been grateful to you ever since.

You both have been connected by the red string of fate. Kurapika is well aware of this; however, he is too focused on finding the remaining scarlet eyes. You both briefly get involved in a romantic relationship. That quickly ends as soon as you realize that you are the only one putting in any effort.

The relationship was good when he was actually around. Your first kiss was unforgettable.

You both were sharing a piece of chocolate lava cake at a local bakery. It started to rain on your walk back home. He stopped to purchase an umbrella.

"We aren't far from your apartment. I think we'll be okay." you say.
"No. I don't want our date to end."

He holds the umbrella while the both of you take a walk around the park.

"We have the park to ourselves." you tell him.
"Yes." he replies as he grabs your hand.

Kurapika stops walking. He throws down the umbrella and pulls you close to him. His lips touch yours. Your eyes widen in surprise before you close them. Your lips part. You can taste the chocolate on his tongue. Drops of rain fall on the two of you as you share a passionate kiss. He breaks away and smiles at you.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself." he says.
"That's alright. You have permission to kiss me whenever you want."

You are sad when you end the relationship. You care deeply about him, but you want more.

You both are still close. He even invites you to move in with him when he finds out you were hired to work in the Nostrade mansion.

"Are you sure?" you ask.
"Of course. I have an extra bedroom." he answers.

Kurapika is the leader of the Nostrade organization. When he isn't working, he is searching for the scarlet eyes. He works nonstop. You are always there to remind him when he needs to take a break.

"Kurapika, you haven't slept in two days. Please. Go home and get some sleep." you say to Kurapika as you stare into his tired eyes.
"Thank you, (Y/N). I don't know why, but when I hear it from you, I want to listen." Kurapika says to you with a smile.

You walk down the stairs of the massive mansion behind Kurapika. As soon as you both step into the foyer, Neon comes running over to Kurapika.

"Kurapika! You're not busy, right?" she asks.
"Not really. Do you need my assistance?"
"Yes! I need you to take me to the mall right away!"

You scowl at Neon.

How dare she ask Kurapika to take her to the mall? Can't she see how tired he is? Why doesn't she ask another bodyguard to take her?

"Uh...sure," he answers.
"Yay! You're the best, Kurapika!"

You go to your shared apartment to wait for him. While you are there, you create a warm and cozy ambience for him. You want him to do nothing but rest when he gets home.

It is past midnight. You hear Neon's laugh in the hallway of the apartment building. You peek out. Your heart sinks to your stomach when you see Neon holding Kurapika's arm.

You immediately walk out to greet Kurapika. Neon greets you, but you ignore her.

"Hello, Kurapika." you say as you take Kurapika's arm away from Neon."
"Hello, (Y/N)." says Kurapika.
"Why is she here?" you ask, referring to Neon.
"Oh...my shift hasn't ended."
"Your shift? I thought you were just taking her to the mall."
"That's correct. However, she said she felt lonely. I offered to keep her company."
"Here?"
"I'm sorry...do you mind? I promise we will keep our volume down to a minimum."
"No. I don't mind." you lie to Kurapika.