I'll Be Home For Christmas

November 25th

Dear (Y/N),

I apologize for leaving you this way. It was not my intention, however, I received intel on another pair of scarlet eyes. This mission will be long and difficult. Despite that, I want you to have faith in me. I promise to take care of myself. My hope is that you'll do the same.

In the meantime, Leorio, Gon, and Killua will take care of you. I shall return on Christmas Eve.

Forever yours,
Kurapika

P.S. Let Leorio know a drew my name for the Secret Santa. I look forward to his Christmas Eve party.

___

Christmas Eve

Gon, Killua, and (Y/N) stand outside (Y/N)'s apartment building. The three of them wait for Leorio to pick them up.

"Damn, where is he?" Killua asks as he kicks a pile of snow.
"Yeah, I hope he's on his way. I'm freezing," (Y/N) says, shivering.

Gon takes off his jacket and places it around (Y/N)'s shoulder. "Here. This should keep you warm."

"Oh, thank you, Gon. That's so sweet of you." (Y/N) grips the collar of the jacket, covering her neck.

Minutes later, Leorio's headlights flash as he pulls over to the side. He jumps out and runs to greet his friends, almost slipping on the ice. He waves his arms up and down until he finds his balance.

"Sorry I'm late. Everyone ready for some Christmas fun?"

Killua stares at Leorio's black Mercedes-Benz. "What the hell is that?"

Leorio turns around. He furrows his brow. "My car?"
"Yeah, but what's that you got in front of it?" Killua points to the car's emblem.
"Oh, you don't like my Rudolph nose?"
"No. Why would you put that on such an awesome car?"

(Y/N) grabs Killua's hand. "Come on, Killua. It's festive."
"Whatever," says Killua, allowing (Y/N) to pull him in the car.

(Y/N) takes the front, relaxing against the heated seat. "Ahhh...this feels so good."

Leorio clicks his seatbelt. "You like my car, huh? I saved a lot of money on her by using my special negotiation techniques." He puts on a proud smile.

"Nobody cares. Let's go already," Killua says.

Everyone is greeted by the warmth of Leorio's apartment as they take off their shoes and coats. The smell of a hot pot simmering on the stove makes Killua's mouth water. Christmas music is playing through the speakers of Leorio's surround sound system. The twinkling lights from the Christmas tree illuminate the living room.

Gon and Killua jump on the couch. (Y/N) excuses herself to the bathroom. She walks down the hall, stopping in front of Kurapika's bedroom door. She sighs, feeling an ache in her heart.

Please make it home safely tonight.

Leorio pours himself a glass of his special eggnog as (Y/N) walks into the kitchen. "Hey, help yourself." He takes his glass with him to the living room. "Boys, I have eggnog and cocoa for you."

"Alright, hot cocoa!" shouts Killua as he jumps over the couch.

Gon grabs three mugs and hands one to Killua and (Y/N). Killua fills his with hot cocoa and adds in a handful of marshmallows.