Prisoner of Love Part Two

Kurapika stares at you with widened eyes. He is frozen in place. Tears form in your eyes. The love of your life is in pain.

"(Y/N)? Please tell me if this is a mistake. Tell me and I'll free you at once." he finally says.
"I'm sorry, Kurapika. It's no mistake. I'm the thief."
"You can't be! I refuse to believe it!" he shouts.

The tears are now streaming down your cheeks.

"I'm sorry I never told you!" you shout back.

Kurapika steps closer to you.

"How long? How long have you been defrauding financial institutions?"
"Since before we met." you answer.

Kurapika yanks his hair with both hands. He turns away from you. You can tell he is trying not to cry.

Minutes later, he turns back around. He grabs your arm.

"Let's go."
"Go where?"
"The police station." he answers with a blank expression.
"Kurapika?" you ask.

Kurapika doesn't answer. He walks you to his car in silence. He opens the door to his luxury sports car. He helps you in the back seat.

Kurapika starts his engine. You notice his expression has changed to one of anger.

"Kurapika? You don't need to turn me in."
"What are you talking about? You committed a crime. Therefore, you must be punished accordingly." he answers without looking at you.

Kurapika starts to drive to the police station. You feel sick to your stomach.

"We can fix this."
"Fix what?"
"Us! I love you, Kurapika! And you love me."
"No, (Y/N). I fell in love with an illusion." he explains while focusing his eyes on the road.
"But it's still me! I'm the same person!"
Kurapika grips the steering wheel. He turns his head to face you.

"You are not the same person I fell in love with! That person would never commit such atrocities!" he yells.
"But I never hurt anyone!"
"Then explain to me this excruciating pain I feel in my heart!"

A car pulls out in front of Kurapika. He doesn't notice since his eyes are still focused on you.

"Kurapika! The road!" you shout.

Kurapika quickly turns to face the road. He slams on the brakes. You can hear the loud sound of tires screeching on the road.

Your heart races as Kurapika swerves to avoid hitting the car in front of him. You look out in front of you, but you can't see. You are blinded with fear. Suddenly, you feel your body jolt as the car crashes into a telephone pole.

The sounds of more tires screeching and glass shattering become unbearable. Your first instinct is to check on Kurapika. Your heart drops as soon as you see blood coming from his forehead.

"Kurapika!" you scream as you unbuckle your seatbelt.

You make your way next to Kurapika. Your wrists are still handcuffed, making your movements difficult. You sigh in relief once you notice he is still breathing. He clears his throat.

"I'm fine." he says to you while conjuring his chains. "Holy Chain."

Kurapika's cross-shaped chain wraps around his forehead, healing him instantly.

"Thank goodness!" you cry.
"What about you? Do you have any injuries?" Kurapika asks, concerned.
"No."
"Good."

You stare into Kurapika's entrancing eyes. You wish you could wrap your arms around him, but the handcuffs make it impossible. You ignore all of the chaos happening outside. Your only focus is on Kurapika, the man you love more than anything. You lean in until you feel his warm breath on your lips. He's not stopping you. You gently brush your lips against his. You close your eyes. His hand supports the back of your head. He parts his lips, accepting your kiss.