I Wish I Could Have Loved You Longer* (Kurapika x Male Reader)

I received a request to write another yaoi story. Expect angst per reader's request. Thank you for reading! I appreciate all of you!

I Wish I Could Have Loved You Longer* (Kurapika x Male Reader)

I groan as I grab my phone to answer it. I usually don't answer calls from unknown numbers, but I want to tell whoever it is to fuck off and ask why they are calling me in the middle of the night.

"Hello?" I practically shout.
"Uh...(Y/N)? It's me. Kurapika."

I jolt up from bed.

"What the hell do you want?"
"May you give me a ride?" says Kurapika.

I run my hand down my face. I don't think this guy pays attention to time. He's searching for the scarlet eyes like they're damn dragonballs.

"What? Did you wreck your car again?"
"No, I just need someone to pick me up," he says.
"From where?"
"The...uh...hospital."

___

Leorio slams his foot on the brakes, practically giving me whiplash.

"Dammit, Leorio!" I rub the back of my neck. "Pay more attention to your surroundings."

"Sorry, (Y/N)." Leorio pulls his car in front of the airport.

I take a deep breath, leaning back against my seat. "Actually...I don't think I can go now. You injured me."

He punches my shoulder. "Get out! You're gonna miss your flight."

I unclick my seat belt. "Tell me again. Why couldn't you go instead of me?"

He throws my bag at me. "I'm on call this week. Sorry. Now go!"

I take one more deep breath before getting out of his car. "You do know he's not going to accept my help, right?"

"Just go already!"

Leorio presses the gas pedal before I have the chance to shut the door.

Security checks me as I pull up my ticket on my phone. I head straight to the terminal once they clear me. His blonde hair stands out in the crowd.

I stand behind him. "Hey, Kurapika."

His shoulders roll forward. He slowly turns around. "What are you doing here, (Y/N)?"

I look away, avoiding eye contact with him. "Just so you know, this wasn't my idea. Trust me, I have much better things to do than babysit you."

"Then why are you here?"

I reposition my bag over my shoulder. "Leorio bribed me."

"Well...you can tell Leorio I kindly decline his offer. I can't believe he sent you of all people."

I turn to face him, narrowing my eyes. "Hey, I don't want to be here anymore than you want me to be. Leorio is just afraid you'll do something reckless."

He sighs. "Fine. Just stay out of my way." He proceeds to walk down the gate that leads to our airship.

He keeps his eyes closed throughout the entire four-hour flight. I know he's not sleeping. Once we land, he crosses his bag over his shoulder and walks away like I don't exist.

We share a taxi to the nearest hotel. He checks into his room.

"Well...thank you for the company. I guess I'll see you around," Kurapika says, taking his key card from the receptionist.

"Sorry. I gotta share a room with you. Leorio's orders."

He winces. "Damn him."

We take off our shoes as soon as we enter the room. Kurapika claims his bed and starts to unpack his bag, hanging his suits up in the closet.