How to Love a Loser* Part One (Kurapika x Male Reader)

I received another BL request.

Warnings include: Substance abuse, cheating, and explicit yaoi

Enjoy!

How to Love a Loser* Part One (Kurapika x Male Reader)

(Y/N)

Thunder claps in the distance, warning us of the storm that's about to come.

"Aww, man!" My friend punches the air. "Now what?"
"We can go back to my place. My parents are still out of town," my other friend says. He turns to me. "What do ya say, (Y/N)? Wanna finish this party at my place?"

I raise my hand and wave them off. I open my mouth to answer, but someone beats me to it.

This person grabs my arm and pulls me away from my friends. He scowls at them.

"No, he's not interested. And I warned you before...if I see you out here again with that stuff, I'll have you both arrested!"

My friend lifts his hands, pretending to surrender. "Oh, no...it's the hunter!" he says.

My other friend holds his abdomen, laughing. "Don't tell my mommy, please!"

The blonde doesn't look amused. "This is your last warning."

He turns around, still holding my arm.

"Hey, where are you taking (Y/N)?"

Instead of answering, he picks up his pace. We both walk down the alley. It's getting darker as the gray clouds cover the sky.

Once we are out of sight, he pushes me against the brick wall.

I rub my back. "Ouch...was that necessary?"

The blonde stares at me. He lifts his right hand. A metal ball falls out of his sleeve.

"Are you a part of the drug problem?"

I shake my head. "No way...I've never touched the stuff."

We both stare intently on the ball. It doesn't move.

He lifts it up and catches it in his hand. "Good. Now come with me."

That's how I met my boyfriend, Kurapika. We've been together for a little over a year now.

I watch as he grabs a mouthful of noodles with his chopsticks. He stares at them for a few seconds, then puts them back down. He takes a deep breath.

"Move in with me, (Y/N)."

I almost fall out of my seat. The other customers glance our way. It is, after all, a small ramen house.

I compose myself. "Ku...Kurapika? Are you serious?"

He nods. His cheeks turn a bright red.

I didn't know our relationship was headed in that direction. Trust me, I'm not complaining. It's just...neither one of us has said 'I love you' yet.

"Do you even have room for me? You live in a tiny studio," I remind him.

He reaches into his pocket and pulls something out. He places it on the table. "I bought a bigger apartment. That's your key, if you want it."

My jaw drops as I stare at the key. My heart is racing, making it hard for me to speak. "Y...yes!"

You'd think he just proposed to me by the stares we are getting. The server even offers us a free dessert!