Prisoner of Love* Part One

You run into your apartment, locking the door behind you. Your heart rate has not yet decreased. This time was close. You almost got caught.

You walk to your bedroom. You throw your heavy bag on the bed. After taking a few deep breaths, you slowly unzip the bag.

I got away with it...again.

You stare at the stacks of jenny inside of the bag. You swore to yourself you would never do it again. However, you are addicted to the rush you get from robbing banks.

This is the last time. I swear.

Your thoughts are interrupted by the vibration coming from your phone. It's Kurapika, the hunter who lives two floors directly above you.

You met Kurapika a year ago at a benefit auction for the city. He was working as a bodyguard. You, on the other hand, were there to steal.

The blonde-haired hunter instantly captivated you. He felt something for you as well. Before the night ended, you both exchanged numbers.

One night, Kurapika offered to walk you home. He was surprised to find out you both lived in the same building. The two of you spend free time together, but never anything romantic.

You quickly answer your phone.

"Kurapika?"
"Good evening, (Y/N). How was your day?" he asks.
"It was good. Thank you for asking. How was yours?"

Kurapika doesn't answer right away. You can hear him breathing through the phone.

"Kurapika?"
"I apologize. My day was not pleasant. In fact, it was probably the worst day of my life."

You feel sad for your friend. You know his line of work is demanding.

"Do you want to talk about it?" you ask.
"No. I'd rather see you."

You are surprised at Kurapika's answer.
"Oh?"
"Would you mind if I came over?" he asks.
"Of course I don't mind."

You weren't expecting to have company tonight. However, you always welcome a visit from Kurapika.

"I'm not inconveniencing you, right?" he asks.
"Nope. Come down."
"Right. I'll be there in five minutes."

You end your call. You pull up the bottom of your dress, revealing the garter belt that is holding your gun. You quickly unbuckle it. You toss it on the bed next to the bag of jenny.

You run to your front door. You unlock it for Kurapika. He walks in minutes later. You notice the sadness coming from his scarlet-colored eyes. His suit is slightly torn. It's obvious he had a rough day.

"Kurapika?" you ask, worried about your friend.
"(Y/N), it's so nice to see you." he says as he wraps his arms around you. He holds you tightly against him. "Please. Tell me all about your day. I love listening to your voice."

Your heart rate increases as you think about what you did only hours ago. Kurapika can't know about what you do for a living. He asked about your occupation one time before. You told him you worked in sales.

"Oh, I assure you it wasn't exciting." you lie as you wrap your arms around him.
"Very well. I understand if you don't want to talk. I don't either."

The sun is setting, changing the lighting in your living room. You are locked in Kurapika's embrace. You inhale his calming scent of musk and metal.

"Kurapika? Is everything okay? You know you can tell me anything."
"The truth is...there is something I want to try." Kurapika answers as he presses his forehead against yours.
"What is it?" you ask, confused.