K-Dream: A K-Pop Idol Story Part Two

I'm completely exhausted by the time our last fan exits the arena. I sigh as I relax into my seat. As tempted as I am to reschedule my plans with Leorio, I'm excited to see all of my friends.

I stand up from my chair. "I'm going to find some coffee. I'll be back to help clean up."
"Don't worry about cleaning up. Go out and have fun. You've earned it," Junsu says, patting me on the shoulder.
I smile. "Hey, thanks! Everyone did an excellent job. I'm looking forward to our next tour."
"Yeah. It's going to be bigger." Junsu stands up with his arms open wide, grinning from ear to ear. "Maybe we'll even make it to America!"

I bow in front of the other members before exiting the arena.

I walk to the dressing room to change before meeting my friends. I try to remove as much makeup as I can. Did they put actual paint on my lips? This stuff won't come off! I sigh in defeat. Hopefully, my friends won't notice.

It's going to be nice to just be Kurapika again. I put on a face mask and beanie to avoid detection on my way to see my friends.

I rest a foot up against the wall and cross my arms while I wait for the train. I hear girls giggling to my right. There's no way they recognize me. If they do, then I'm in trouble. The last thing I want to do is cause a scene in the middle of the train station. If there's one thing I hate about this job is the fact that I can't make all of my Infinities happy. I usually have a guard with me, and they never allow me to sign autographs unless we are at an event.

I turn my head to glance at them. They aren't giggling because of me. They are simply out having a good time like normal girls their age do. I smile under my mask. I've been away from my friends for so long, I forgot what it was like to be around them.

My attention is drawn to one of the girls. Not wanting to look like a creepy stalker, I casually walk toward a vending machine close to them. I purchase an iced coffee while catching glimpses of her.

We all board the train when it arrives. I sit down in front of them, keeping my head down. My stop is next. I notice they aren't getting out so I decide to stay. Okay...now I am acting like a creepy stalker. I just need to know where I know this girl from.

A few stops later, they get out. I follow behind them. I hear one of her friends call her name as we stand outside the station.

(Y/N)! That's right...the beautiful girl from the fan signing. What are the chances of us bumping into each other again? I take my mask off so as not to appear like I'm up to no good. I can't stop my legs from walking up to them.

"(Y/N)?"

Her two friends stare at me like I'm from another planet. Right...I'm not K-Dream at the moment, and my beanie has bunny ears attached to it.

(Y/N) squints her eyes at me. "Uh...can I help you?" 

I want to talk to her in private, but I quickly realize I didn't think this through. Her friends aren't going to allow her to walk alone with a stranger.

She walks closer to me, tilting her head to the side. I offer her a K-Dream smile. Her face brightens as soon as she recognizes me. I just hope she doesn't tell her friends.

She turns around to talk to them. She's probably telling them who I am. That's okay. I can handle three fans. Besides, this stop isn't as crowded as the last one.

To my surprise, the two girls walk away from (Y/N).

My heart rate accelerates as she walks toward me. Why does she have this effect on me? A cool breeze blows through her hair, sending her sweet scent my way.

"Kang Dae?" she whispers.

I nod.

She gasps. "Oh my goodness!" Her arms shake. "What are you doing here?"