Spells of the Heart* Part Two (A Medieval AU Story)

Kurapika

The blade is so sharp, I don't even feel it piercing my vertebrae.

"Stop the execution of Sir Kurapika Kurta!" you shout.

I have heard that humans are briefly conscious after being decapitated.

I hear footsteps running toward me.

"You must let him go. Please. At the very least, give him a fair trial," you say.

A trial? For a dead man?

"But Lady...this man assaulted you. There is no trial for such a violent act."

"I don't care. Free him at once!"

The executioner pulls me down the bascule and frees my wrists from the handcuffs. I rub the back of my neck. You...saved me.

I fall on one knee, bowing in front of you while placing my hand over my heart. "My Lady, please accept my deepest gratitude."

___

(Y/N)

Prince Chrollo yanks me by my arm as I stand up. "Let go of me!" I free myself and run as fast as I can to stop Sir Kurapika's execution.

He bows in front of me, giving me the most sincere expression of thankfulness. Never in my life have I met someone like him. Even with all the evidence against him, I still can't believe a man like him would commit such crimes.

I return his bow. "Mention not."

I spin around, meeting face to face with my fiance.

"What do you think you're doing?" he asks me.

I look away. "I...I don't know. Just let him be."

He walks past me toward Kurapika. I look over my shoulder. He pulls Kurapika off the ground and whispers something in his ear.

The taste of death was on Kurapika's tongue only moments ago so I'm surprised to see his eyes widen at whatever Chrollo is telling him. His body shudders and he runs away. A satisfied grin spreads across Chrollo's face when he turns back around to face me.

"What did you say to him?" I ask him.

"It doesn't matter. You have a wedding to prepare for."

I take a step back. "What about his horse? Shouldn't she be given back to him?"

"Your ignorance still baffles me. You worry about such mundane details." He wraps his arm around my waist and we begin to walk. "Still...I will not punish you for your anserine thinking."

He hides a book under his cloak with his other hand.

"Such a strong opinion of the woman who is about to become your wife."

He closes his eyes and smiles. "Love is what matters. Is it not?"

I stop walking. "You never answered my question. What did you tell Kurapika before he ran off?"

He places his hand over my eyes. He chants something in my ear.

"Remember him less each day...soon your memory of his smile will fade away. Just like the sun is always replaced by the moon...your heart that belongs to me will bloom."

He catches me before I fall. His words paralyze me, putting me under his spell.

He picks me up and carries me back to the castle.

We reach the door and he places me back on my feet. "Go straight to your room. Once you're finished getting ready, a carriage will be waiting for you."

I run upstairs to my room. I gasp when I see the beautiful wedding gown on my bed. My maids help me get ready.