Don't Vanish From Me* Part Two

As requested, here is part two! I guess I should add some warnings, even though you all should know my brain by now! :)
Anorexia nervosa, body dysmorphia, mention of abortion, and of course, smut. Enjoy!

Don't Vanish From Me* Part Two

Kurapika

"I'm pregnant," you say.

The room grows silent. It takes my brain a few minutes to comprehend what those words mean.

You're pregnant. That means a baby is growing inside of you. My baby. The corners of my mouth move upward into a smile. I'm going to be a dad!

"Kurapika?"

I jump back to reality. Right...you're not feeling well. I run to you and sit behind your frail body.

"What can I do?"

I hold your hair back while you continue to regurgitate. Once you're finished, you lay your head on my chest. I wrap my arms around you.

"Kurapika, are you happy?"

I kiss your temple. "Am I happy? That small word can't define how I'm feeling right now."

You close your eyes. A tear runs down your cheek. "How did this happen? I mean...I thought I ruined my chances of getting pregnant."

"The doctor said it might be more challenging, but he never said it was impossible. Besides, you're doing great with your eating. You gained two pounds this week!"

You practically jump out of my arms. "What did you just say? I gained two pounds? I just found out I'm pregnant and I'm already gaining weight?"

Your body trembles.

I stand up and place my hands on your shoulders. "Hey...it's okay. That's a good thing."

You storm out of the bathroom. I follow you until you reach the front door.

"(Y/N), where are you going?"

You slip on your shoes. "I just need to be alone right now."

I put on my own shoes. "No. I'll leave. Just call me when you're ready for me to come back."
You push me away. "No. I need some fresh air."

I nod. "Right. Okay. Just please...stay safe."

You roll your eyes. "Oh, please. We live in the safest neighborhood in the world. My safety is the last thing you have to worry about."

"That is true. However, I'll always worry about your safety. Even if we were the last two people on this planet."

You grab your purse and turn the doorknob. "I love you."

I smile. "I love you, too. Please...come back soon."

You give me a kiss on the lips and walk out the door.

___

(Y/N)

I step out of the apartment building, welcoming the cool air on my face. I look over my shoulder to our bedroom window. I notice the light turn on. I bet Kurapika is calling our friends to tell them the news.

I walk until I reach the drugstore. The bell chimes when I walk inside. I walk straight back to the pharmacy.

I look to my left then my right. I sigh in relief. Thank goodness I'm the only customer here.

"Excuse me?" I say.

The pharmacy tech smiles at me. "Are you picking up a prescription?"

I shake my head. "No. I actually need to purchase Plan B."