Prisoner of Love* Part Three

You are sitting on your cot, feeling empty. Literally. Only one week ago, you were carrying your precious baby. Kurapika's baby. Now that you have given birth, your womb is uninhabited. You miss her constant kicking and hiccups.

Physically, you're surprised at how fast you are healing. Even though Baby Kurta was a small baby, you were barely able to walk when you came back to prison. Mentally, you are experiencing "baby blues." However, you know it is more than hormones that is causing your sadness.

You haven't heard from Kurapika since you saw him at the hospital. You're not surprised. Prison isn't exactly a place to bring a newborn. Still, a video chat would be nice.

You wonder how Kurapika is adjusting to fatherhood.

Did he move into a house? Will he accept help from his friends?

You don't even know what he decided to name your baby girl.

I'm sure he gave her a beautiful name. I wonder if she has gotten any bigger.

Tears fill your eyes. You pull your knees close to your chest and allow yourself to cry. This is how you've been spending most of your time.

From the corner of your eye, you notice a guard staring at you.

"Why are you so sad, beautiful?" he asks.

You ignore him. He must be new since this is the first time you've seen him. Or maybe not. You don't pay attention to anyone here. He insists on talking to you.

"A girl as pretty as you shouldn't cry so much."

Please...stop talking to me.

Meanwhile, Kurapika is in his new home located in a beautiful neighborhood. It looks like a house you would find flipping through the pages of a home and garden magazine. Steps lead up to a lovely porch. There is also a big backyard, perfect for a jungle gym. It is definitely a change from the rundown locations he is used to staying in while hunting.

Kurapika is rocking his baby in her nursery. His eyes are half open. He has not been able to get much sleep since bringing the baby home. His half-buttoned shirt is stained with spit up, his slacks are wrinkled, and his hair is disheveled. He could use a nice hot shower and a change of clothes. Everytime he attempts to take a shower, his daughter starts to scream. She is already spoiled, only content when she is in her father's arms.

She finally drifts off to sleep. Kurapika places her in the bassinet, gently. He slowly releases her while begging her to stay asleep for more than five minutes. He watches her sleep. A soft smile forms on his face.

She is the most beautiful baby in the world.

Kurapika grabs the baby monitor as he makes a run for the bathroom. He turns on the shower before quickly undressing himself. As soon as the temperature is to his liking, he steps in. His muscles relax as the hot water beats on him. His mind is at ease. He allows his thoughts to wander. This past week has been challenging.

He starts to think about the future. As a hunter, he makes more than enough to provide for his daughter. However, despite what his best friend says, money can't buy happiness. What he wants most for his daughter is a family. One that includes you.

Maybe money can buy happiness. I'll speak to (Y/N)'s lawyer. I want her out. No matter the cost.

After rinsing the soap from his body, Kurapika forces himself to get out of the calming shower. He wraps a towel around his waist. He walks to his closet and pulls on a fresh pair of slacks and a button up shirt. Much to his delight, Baby Kurta is still sleeping. He stares at her for a few minutes before calling your lawyer.