The Solemn Vow

Here goes another request! I can't tell you what the request was for because that would spoil the story. I guess you'll just have to read it! :) Thank you again for reading my stories. I look forward to reading your comments!

(Y/N), the sun is shining brighter than ever today. As you stand in front of me, I can't help but think how lucky I am to have found you. Not only did I find you, I somehow managed to get you to marry me. I promise to be with you always. I will love and cherish you no matter how far my hunting missions take me. I will be in your heart and you will be protected in mine. I promise to be a faithful husband, to take care of you when you're sick, and to love you no matter what circumstances we face.

The wedding vows Kurapika wrote me three years ago fall out of our wedding album while I dust the mantel. I can't help but smile as I read them. We're past our honeymoon phase, and I swear I love him more today than I did on our wedding day. I'm not saying our marriage is perfect. We have our fair share of disagreements. However, as I read his vows, I'm reminded of why I fell in love with him in the first place.

I fell in love with Kurapika when I learned about his resolve. His determination to find his brethren's eyes is what captivated me. He didn't have time for love, yet he found me important enough to make time.

I let out a laugh as I think back on our first date. I could tell he was nervous. His hands were trembling so bad, he spilled a glass of wine all over my new dress. When he got up to find napkins, he bumped into a server and knocked down a tray full of food. He felt sure that would be our last date, but little did he know, I was already falling for him.

Maybe I'm being a little biased, but Kurapika is the most gorgeous man I've ever seen. His golden hair, the unique shape of his eyes, and a body that deserves to be sculpted into art, he is every woman's dream. I used to feel jealous when I caught other women glancing at him, but not anymore. I know he is mine and only has eyes for me. There's nothing he can do that would make me want to leave him. Nothing.

I carefully tuck his vows back inside the wedding album. I check the time. How can it be this late already? Kurapika is coming back home tonight from a long trip and I still have a lot of errands to run!

I drape his suits over my arm to take them to the dry cleaner. I empty his pockets, finding random items. One piece of paper catches my eye. I open the folded paper and notice it's a receipt from a jewelry store.

My eyes widen. "Sixty-thousand jenny!"

It's not my birthday or our anniversary so why would he be purchasing such an expensive piece of jewelry?

I grin from ear to ear. He must be planning something special for me. His trips have been getting longer and it feels like I barely get to see him. Maybe this is his way of making it up to me.
His missions get in the way of our love life, but I vowed to support him no matter what. I have to admit, it is a little frustrating to have a husband who works overseas a lot.

I sigh as I put away the receipt. At least he makes up for it when he's home.

Later that evening, I plate his dinner and keep it on the warmer. He should be home any minute now.

I run to our bedroom to light some candles. I quickly change into to the lingerie I bought on my way home. It's been a few weeks since we've made love, so I'm a little excited.

I go back to the living room to wait on the couch. I stare at the clock. Eight quickly turns to nine. Nine quickly turns to ten. Where is he?

I reach for my phone when I hear the door unlock. My heart skips a beat when I see Kurapika enter the house.

I run to him. "Darling! I've missed you so much. How was your trip?"

He takes off his shoes and hangs up his jacket. "Fine."