Beautiful Lies* Part Two

What is a girl to do once she has a piece of forbidden fruit? I'll tell you. She goes out for some more.

I can't stop thinking about that night with Kurapika. I know it's wrong since he already has a girlfriend, but he was the one who invited me to sleep with him. So technically, I did nothing wrong.

"What a jerk! You want to stay far away from guys like him," Alluka says. She takes a sip of her boba tea.
"Alluka, that's your friend you're talking about."
She sets her cup back on the table. "Exactly...he's my friend. I'm allowed to call him out when he does something stupid. I'd do the same if Big Brother did something like that."

I roll my eyes. "No, you wouldn't. You think Killua is a saint. Guess what, Alluka? He's a guy, too."

She puts her elbows on the table and rests her face in her palms. "Anyway, now that you and Kurapika...uh...you know..." She looks to her left, right, then back at me. She brings her hand up to her face. "Had sex," she whispers.

I can't help but laugh. She's so innocent it's adorable.

"It's not a bad word, Alluka."

She blushes. "What I'm trying to ask you is...are you over him now?"

I raise my eyebrows. "Over him? Are you kidding me? I want him even more."

She shakes her head in disgust. "(Y/N), he has a girlfriend."

I shrug my shoulders. "I know. I'll wait until they break up. It's not like they are soulmates or anything."

Alluka looks off to the side, biting her lip.

I furrow my brow. "Alluka, what's wrong?"

She looks back at me with misty eyes. "(Y/N)..."

I swallow hard. "Just tell me."

"Kurapika got engaged over the weekend," says Alluka.
I straighten my posture, holding back tears. "Oh. Well...there goes that."

Alluka gets up and wraps her arms around me. "I'm so sorry, (Y/N)."

Dammit. Why did she have to hug me? Now the tears are flooding down my face. It feels like everyone in this cafe has their eyes on us.

I gently push her away. "I'm fine. It's no big deal."

"Do you want to go back home?"

"No, I know you're excited to visit the new Sanrio store at the mall. I promise...I'm fine."

Alluka and I finish shopping and just when we're about to exit the mall, she stops in her tracks.

"Oh, I almost forgot...Big Brother asked me to get him one of those big slices of chocolate cheesecakes."

"Oh. Okay. That actually sounds good."

We turn back around and walk towards the food court.

"That one suits you well. You have a perfect figure," a familiar voice says.

I turn around. I look through the glass windows of the store to our right. Wedding gowns line the racks.

"Is that Melody?" I say.

My heart skips a beat. Where there's Melody, there's...

"No! All of these are ugly. Why did you bring me to this cheap store anyway?" Neon shouts.

I squeeze Alluka's hand as my eyes dart to the blue-haired girl standing in front of the mirror. She straightens out the gorgeous wedding gown she's trying on with her left hand. I can see the rock on her ring finger from where I'm standing.