Beautiful Lies* Part Three

Thank you for leaving me your comments. I read all of them and they bring a smile to my face. Some are so hilarious, I literally laugh out loud! I hope you enjoy the final chapter of this story.

Beautiful Lies* Part Three

"Kurapika!" Neon shouts.

Kurapika jolts to a halt. He pulls out of me. "Uh...Neon...I can explain." He grabs the closest piece of fabric to cover his lower half while sitting on the edge of the bed.

I grab his pillow to cover my body.

She stomps in the room and slaps him across the face. "We're months away from getting married and you're fucking another woman?"

He rubs his cheek. "I'm so sorry, Neon. You know you're the only woman for me. Please...I just had a moment of weakness."

I want to melt away. What I did was wrong, and I feel disgusted with myself. I thought I had morals.

Neon covers her face with her hands and sobs. I can't imagine what she's feeling right now. She found her prince, he got on one knee and made a promise, now he's in bed with another woman. Me. I'm the other woman. That's all I am. I actually feel sorry for her.

He pulls her hands away from her face and delicately touches her cheek with his fingers. "My love, you're the one I want to spend the rest of my life with."

Does he realize I'm still here?

She sniffles her nose. "Who is she?"

He kisses her on the lips. If she only knew where he had those lips only hours ago.

"She's just one of my students. Nothing more." He wraps his arms around her shoulders and strokes her long hair.

His words sting. I'm just a student? Fuck him.

I crawl out of his bed and grab my clothes off the floor. I can't get out of here fast enough.

I hold the door frame, pausing to look at Kurapika one last time.

He makes eye contact with me. "I'm sorry," he mouths.

___

I can barely see as I run as fast as I can to Alluka's apartment. The tears are making my vision blurry.

I slam my fist against her door. Killua answers it. He rubs his sleepy eyes.
"What the hell, (Y/N)?" He blinks as he looks me up and down. "What...happened? You look like shit."

I push him to the side as I walk inside the apartment. Alluka comes running down the hall in her pajamas.

She gasps when she sees me. "Oh, (Y/N). I'm so sorry." She pulls me in for a hug, rubbing my back.

"You were right...I should have stayed far away from him," I say.

I follow Alluka back to her room.

"Tell me everything," she says as she sits on her futon.

I sit down next to her. She's old enough to understand, but I still try to leave out the details of the evening. I want to preserve her innocence for as long as I can. I'm sure Killua appreciates that.

Her mouth drops open. "He confessed his love for you and still took Neon back?"

I nod.

"Well...don't you worry...I won't be attending their wedding."

"No, Alluka. Kurapika is still your friend. Please go."

___

I set out a bottle of my favorite nigori sake and a variety of snacks on the table out on the balcony. These past few months flew by, and I've been dreading this day.