Waves of Passion*

You look into the mirror to make sure your lipstick is perfect. You are wearing a red strapless gown. You are ready to go on your special date with Kurapika. You feel a surge of happiness as you think about him.

There is a notification on your phone. You pick it up and notice a long text from Kurapika.

(Y/N), I must offer you my sincere apology. I know you were expecting me to be home by now. Regretfully, I am still in the middle of this mission. Please don't be upset. I dislike it when you are mad at me. I am trying my best. There is nothing I want more than to have you in my arms. I promise I will make it up to you. Rest assured that I am safe. My Heaven, even though I do not show it, I love you more than anything. I am a work in progress. Thank you for your continued support. I am running to you as fast as I can. I want to kiss that beautiful face of yours.

Love,
Kurapika

"I should have known better than to get excited." you say to yourself after reading his text message.

You send him a short reply:

Kurapika, don't worry about it. Just be safe. I love you, too.

To be honest, you're not surprised. He is an excellent hunter. Unfortunately, he is not the best husband. You have accepted that. Everytime he messes up, he looks at you with his mesmerizing eyes. You can't help but forgive him.

You look out the window to your apartment. You can see the ocean from where you stand. The sun is setting. You think about how nice it would be to take a walk with Kurapika on the beach while holding his hand. It sounds cliche, but it's something you would like to do.

You sit down on the couch. Tears form in your eyes. The tears slowly stream down your face, smudging your mascara.

"The hell with this!" you shout as you stand up.

You walk into the kitchen. There is a lovely basket of treats sitting on the counter. It was a gift from Leorio. Inside of the basket is a bottle of plum wine. You open it and pour yourself a glass. You taste the sweetness of the plum and caramel flavors.

The front door opens. You get up from the chair to see who it is. You almost fall. The effects of the wine suddenly hit you.

"Kurapika?" you ask in surprise. Your heart rate increases as you stumble over to him.
"(Y/N)?" Kurapika asks while catching you.
"What are you doing here? I thought you had to work." you say as you balance yourself on your feet.
"I did. However, I didn't want to break my promise. Much to my employer's dismay, I left."
"Oh, Kurapika. I love you so much." you say as you grab his tie. "Guess what?"
"What?" asks Kurapika, noticing something different in your behavior.
"I have the sexiest husband in the world." you answer with a mischievous smile on your face.

Kurapika blushes.

"(Y/N)? Have you been drinking?" he asks.
"Just a glass."
"That's all it takes you."
"Oh, shut up and kiss me already." you say while pulling him close to you with his tie.
"(Y/N), you know I don't like it when you drink." says Kurapika with a disappointed look on his face.
"Well...I don't like it when you stand me up." you snap at him.
"I don't do it on purpose. I'm a hunter. My hours aren't nine to five."
"Maybe you should change careers."
"To what? I enjoy what I do. I was a hunter before I met you."
"Whatever, Kurapika."
"Whatever?" Kurapika asks. "Do you realize what I had to go through to make our date?"
"Congratulations! Do you want a trophy?"

Kurapika pulls his eyebrows close together.

"I hope you're having fun by yourself." he says.
"Why?"
"Because that's how you'll be spending the rest of the night. I'm not taking you out. You're intoxicated." Kurapika explains before turning around.