One Minute in Heaven* (Kurapika x Male Reader) Part Two

As requested, here is part two! Thanks for requesting! I look forward to reading your comments.

One Minute in Heaven* (Kurapika x Male Reader) Part Two

"Ready or not, here I come!" I shout.

I uncover my eyes and search the house for Airi. We just celebrated her third birthday, and even though she received a massive amount of new toys, she still insists on playing hide and seek with me.

I follow the sound of giggling until I open the door to her bedroom. It's obvious she's hiding behind the curtain, but I pretend I can't see her.

"Airi, where are you?"

The sound of her laughter intensifies as I walk closer to her.

"Found you!" I pull the curtains back.

My eyes widen as I stare at my little girl. I can feel my heart pound against my chest as I raise my arms up and walk slowly toward her.

Dimples form on her cheeks as she smiles at me. "You found me, daddy!"

"Airi, put that down."

Her tiny face crinkles in confusion. She stares at me while holding her panda plushie in one hand, and my husband's gun in the other.

My body freezes as the loud bang of the gunfire fills my ears.

___

Married life is absolutely wonderful. Remember me saying that? I still mean it...I really do. It's just that ever since we brought Airi home, I feel like Kurapika and I barely see each other. Don't get me wrong, I love being a father. Airi is the best thing that happened to us. I just miss being alone with my husband.

Since we're tired most of the time, we bicker about the stupidest things. The difference is now, there's no make-up sex. None. Even though Airi has her own bed, she insists on sleeping in ours.

I yawn as I trudge to the kitchen for a cup of coffee. Thankfully, Kurapika already made a pot. I stir cream and sugar into my coffee while I watch Kurapika brush Airi's hair. He ties a bow in front of her pink tabard and kisses her on the forehead.

"No, daddy." She points to her lips. "Kiss me here."

Kurapika smiles. "Right." He kisses her on the lips.

She turns her attention to her toys as Kurapika walks toward me. He offers me a tired smile.

"Sleep well, my love?" He presses his lips against my cheek. Do I need to show him where kisses go like Airi just did?

I shake my head. "No. Airi kicked me all night."

He lets out a laugh. "That little rascal." 

I take a sip of my coffee before setting the mug down on the counter. "I'm serious, Kurapika. Don't you think she's old enough to sleep in her own room?"

He stares at her while she stacks blocks then knocks them down.

I wave my hand in front of him. "Kurapika?"

"Isn't she adorable? And so smart. She's not even three and she's already reading!"

He completely ignores my question. I sigh, turning away to look for something to eat.

I pull out a carton of eggs from the refrigerator. He finally looks at me.

"Oh, I already made you breakfast." He points to the rice cooker.

I put the eggs back in the fridge. "Thanks. It's nice to know you still think about me."

He grabs my arm. "What's that supposed to mean?"