Don't Vanish From Me*

I received a request to write a story about (Y/N) having anorexia nervosa.

Warnings: Eating disorders and body dysmorphia

Don't Vanish From Me*

I pass through the doors to Leorio's apartment building, taking the stairs up to his floor. He never locks the door so I just invite myself in. Once I'm inside, I take my shoes off. I walk to the living room and slump down on the couch.

"Hey, (Y/N). Kurapika's not here yet, but make yourself comfortable while you wait." Leorio says, not looking my way.

He's engrossed in one of his medical textbooks. I scoot closer to him, taking a look at what he's reading.

He pulls his book away. A smaller book falls out and lands on the floor. I pick it up and hand it to him. He blushes as he takes it back from me.

I furrow my brow, wondering why he looks embarrassed. I tilt my head to the side, trying to see what he was looking at.

My eyes widen. "Leorio, that's hentai!"

His cheeks turn a darker shade of red.

"Can I see?" I say.

He lowers his eyebrows. "You want to see? Why?"

I shrug my shoulders. "I'm bored." I grab the book from him. "Wow, these girls are really skinny." I flip through the pages. "Does Kurapika look at this stuff?"

Leorio slaps his knee, laughing. "Kurapika? Please...he worships you."

I stare at a picture of a skinny woman with huge, teardrop-shaped breasts. Her stomach is flat and her thighs are perfect. Not one dimple of cellulite.

"You didn't answer my question," I say. "Does Kurapika look at these magazines?"

Leorio looks up at the ceiling. "Hmm...maybe once when we were drunk."

I lift my head and turn to look at him. "And? Does he find these women attractive?"

He points a finger in my face. "Hey, I know what you're trying to do. I'm not going to rat on my best friend."

Disgusted, I throw the magazine back at him. "So what you're basically telling me is yes."

He continues to swoon over the pictures as if I'm not there.

The front door opens. "(Y/N)! I hope you didn't wait long for me. Is everyone ready to go out to dinner?"

Leorio slides his magazine under the couch. He stands up, rubbing his stomach. "Yeah, let's go! I'm famished."

Kurapika walks over to where I'm sitting. He reaches down and kisses me on the cheek. I don't acknowledge him.

He pulls away. A look of confusion crosses his face. "(Y/N)? Have I done something to upset you?"

I finally make eye contact with him. "No. Let's go." I hop off the couch and walk to the front door to put my shoes back on.

Kurapika turns to look at Leorio. "Were you pestering my girlfriend?"

Leorio jumps back. "Now why do you assume it was me?"

Kurapika closes his eyes and sighs. "You're the only one here." He walks to where I'm standing. He places his hand on my cheek. "Can I have a better kiss from the woman who fills my heart with happiness?"

He presses his lips against mine. I give him a quick kiss and pull away.

"C'mon, (Y/N). Give him more tongue than that," Leorio says.