A Letter From Kurapika*

Kurapika has been on his current mission for three months now. He periodically sends you emails to let you know he is doing fine. However, it is not enough for you. You want to physically see him since you know he doesn't ever tell you when he is hurt.

It is a cold evening and you are alone in the cottage. You are curled up on the couch, reading one of Kurapika's favorite books. Your heart begins to ache as soon as you feel a chill from the window. You want Kurapika to hold you close to keep you warm. You get up to find another blanket. You pass your mantel on your way and walk up next to it to stare at your wedding picture.

Kurapika has the most beautiful smile in the world.

You think about your wedding day and smile. You walk around the cozy little cottage Kurapika bought for you as a wedding present. It looks like something straight out of a storybook. The only thing you don't like about it is that you are alone in the middle of the forest. You want Kurapika there to keep you safe.

Your thoughts are interrupted by the sound of your cell phone ringing. You walk back to the couch to find it. Leorio is calling you.

"Hello?" you answer.
"Hello, (Y/N)! Just calling to see if you are okay." says Leorio.
"I'm fine...you don't need to keep checking on me." you say.
"I'm sorry...I'm just doing what Kurapika asked me to do." says Leorio.
"Well, if he cared so much he would call me himself!" you yell into the phone.
"Hey...I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to bother you." says Leorio.

You feel bad for yelling at Kurapika's best friend.

"I'm so sorry, Leorio. I just miss Kurapika so much it hurts. I didn't mean to take it out on you." you say.
"No need to apologize. Wait...did you get his letter?" Leorio asks.
"Letter? What letter?" you ask.
"He sent me a letter. I'm sure he sent you one as well." answers Leorio.

You drop your phone and run out of the cottage to check your mailbox. The cold air hits you. You were too excited that you didn't grab a sweater. You run on the rock pathway barefoot. Your mailbox is far from the cottage. It's dark outside, but you are not afraid. You reach the mailbox and quickly open it. You grab the mail inside and run back to the cottage. Once back inside, you go through the mail. Your heart skips a beat when you see a letter from Kurapika. You quickly open it and stare at his beautiful handwriting.

My Dear (Y/N),

I hope this letter finds you well. My Heaven, I want to assure you that I am not injured. I could tell from your previous email that you are worried about my well being. Besides this constant ache in my heart, I am fine.

I miss you so much, it physically hurts. You are always on my mind. I'm not just talking about 2 a.m. when I am finding it difficult to sleep. I think about you even when I am in the process of capturing my target.

Your picture is with me at all times. I have been staring at it for the past hour. It is the reason why I have decided to write you this letter. It also had me thinking about our future. It's unfair of me to leave you alone while I am hunting. You are the most gracious woman in the world. I could not do what I do without your support. In return for your kindness, I am happy to tell you that I have been offered a position close to home! I can't wait to share the details with you!

My love, I also have something important to ask of you. However, I will wait until I see you in person. Until then, I promise to take care of myself. It should not be much longer now. I am looking forward to holding you in my arms again and smelling your sweet scent.

My beautiful wife, I love you more than anything and I truly believe that I am alive because of you.

Your husband,
Kurapika