My First and Only*

Here goes another request! I was asked to write about Kurapika showing you his room and being romantic with rose petals and dancing. I hope you all enjoy it! I appreciate all of my readers and those who take the time to comment.

You throw your keys on the foyer table as soon as you walk inside your apartment. You take off your shoes and jacket before walking to the kitchen. You pour yourself a glass of plum wine before sinking into the couch.

Today was probably the worst day of your life. Your boss humiliated you in front of your colleagues. You want to quit your job, but you don't know of any place that would match your current salary.

Tears fall down your cheek as you think about your life and where you thought you'd be right now. Just when you're about to pour yourself another glass of wine, your phone rings.

You're about to throw it against the wall until you see the caller's name.

"Kurapika?" you answer with a sniffle. You haven't heard from him in weeks.
"(Y/N)? Have you been crying?"

You wipe your nose. "Umm...no. I think I'm getting a cold."
"You don't need to lie to me. Tell me what's wrong," says Kurapika.

You sigh before telling your boyfriend about your day. He's always been an excellent listener. You feel a sense of relief after pouring your heart out to him.

"I don't know how many times I have told you to leave that job. They don't deserve someone as talented as you," says Kurapika.

"I told you...the money is good and you know how much my rent is."

Kurapika remains silent for a few seconds before responding.

"Move in with me," he says.

You almost drop your phone. "Wh...what?"

"Leave your job and move in with me."
"Kurapika, are you serious? I mean...we've only been dating for six months. Besides, I haven't even seen your apartment."
"We can change that. Tonight. I want you to spend the night with me."
"Spend the night? In the same bed?"

Kurapika chuckles. "Of course. Unless you'd rather me sleep on the couch."

"No...no. Of course not. I mean...we haven't...you know."

"And I'm not expecting you to do anything that would make you feel uncomfortable. Just allow me to take you out to dinner then I can show you my apartment."

"Umm...that sounds nice. What time should I be ready?"
"I'm finishing up some research now...how does seven sound?"

You look at your clock. "Seven sounds perfect. See you then."

"I love you," says Kurapika.
"I love you, too."

You end your call before racing to the bathroom. You have two hours to get ready. You turn on the shower and strip while waiting for the water to heat up.

Once you're in the shower, you rub shave gel all over your legs. You violently shave, cutting yourself in the process.

"Dammit!" you shout to yourself.

Once you're out of the shower, you pick out an outfit to wear. Having no idea where Kurapika is taking you, you decide to wear something semi formal. You make sure to put on your nicest underwear in case something happens tonight.

"Right...I'm staying the night. I need to pack a bag."

Sweat drops form on your forehead as you pack your bag. You haven't been dating Kurapika long enough to know his habits. You start to think about the what ifs.