Chapter 1 The Call

A/n: this book is set in 2017 and Liam and Louis haven't released any music, Niall released a single and Zayn and Harry have released albums! Harry's album has a mix of fine line and his debut!! Just didn't want any confusion for the story early on!! I hope you guys enjoy!!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Zayn's Pov

A loud blaring noise shot through the air like a bullet. Somehow, the sound didn't scare me, only made irritation sizzle through my veins as it had woken me up from my sleep.

I grumbled when it continued, too exhausted to turn it off. But I recognized it as my fiancé's, Liam's, phone. Since one direction went on hiatus, me and Liam had a chance to let our relationship thrive without all of the restrictions we had and Liam had proposed to me shortly after him, Niall, Louis and Harry had went on that hiatus.

Slugglishly, I kicked his sleeping position behind me, where he laid wrapped up against me.

A grunt fell on my ears and his body moved suddenly.

"Shut it off," my voice was husky from sleep and I was grumpy. Liam, though, was sweet about it and I felt him immediately move to grab for his phone and answer it. I sighed in contentment at the profound silence, warm again as Liam rewrapped himself around me, hand tightening around my waist. I snuggled closer to him, feeling slumber come over me once again thankfully.

"Hello?" Liam grumbled, half asleep as well. His voice was deep and husky and I hummed from the sound of it. There were a few seconds of silence and just as I was about to fully drift away, Liam jumped straight up in his spot, flinging me up along with him because his arm was wrapped tightly around me.

My eyes snapped open in surprise as I now was fully awake and sat next to him on our bed. I turned to question him but the look on his face made me freeze. I tapped him lightly and he looked at me slowly. I gave him a look as if to ask who was it but he didn't answer.

Instead he said; "What the fuck do you want, Simon?"

My brows rosed to the top of my head as he said Simon.

Oh fuck no...the words kept blaring through my head and I just sat there, watching Liam in almost disbelief.

"Yeah, no. He's here with me," Liam said quietly, almost as if Simon was making him feel ashamed of something. I scowled, feeling anger rise up through from the thought of the man who tried to ruin my life and the lads.

Simon was our mentor from the X factor days and when we had placed third in the X factor, he had decided to sign us himself.

Biggest mistake we've ever had, signing onto his management at Syco. From then on, he treated us like shit and we all didn't see it coming when we had signed the contracts he had given to us blindly.

Me and Liam couldn't be free and none of us could do what we wanted. I personally had no say in the music or lyrics we've created. It even went as far as one of the people at Syco pressuring me to leave. It got so bad on my mental health that Liam helped me leave the band. Then by the end of the year, they had announced the hiatus, the break they were going on for eighteen months.

But Liam had revealed to me that they would be on break longer for eighteen months. At least until their contracts with Syco ended which would be in a another year and then hopefully, we could come back together as a band with a new management.

If one of us hadn't disappeared off of the face of the earth.

Louis basically had stopped talking to all of the lads from what I heard from Niall and Harry soon after they went on break. Of course, practically every week we had spammed his phone, calling him many times, but he would never answer. Eventually, we all kinda stopped spamming him so much and tried every month or so to talk to him but it was all the same.