Chapter 33 Beyond Repair

Lottie's Pov

When I first got word about Louis, it was on the news. Well, I had to admit, I was pissed off when I at least didn't get a call.

But, oh, I forgot. We changed our numbers.

Our reason of changing them was to protect ourselves. Louis had to keep himself separated from us to keep us out of reach from management, Modest. He had to live away from us and we had to live in a secret spot too. They've changed him so much so seeing he was in the hospital, I broke my own heart when I said I wasn't surprised. But that didn't mean I was up on my feet, packing a two swift bags filled with only necessities and calling Mark.

Mark was our stepfather and currently he was at work but this was certainly an emergency.

"Lotts," a light young voice interrupted me packing. Freezing immediately, I looked at my door, seeing one of the twins standing there with a frowning face and furrowed brows.

"Where are you going, Lottie? Why can't we watch the news? Why is mark on his way?" Daisy asked me, innocence traced her voice.

Going over to her, I placed my hands upon her shoulders in hopes to comfort her. "Daisy, please, I can't answer any of those questions right now. All I need you to do is to stay away any and all social media and news websites."

For a moment she didn't say anything, so I went back to packing, thankful for no more questions.

"It's about Louis, isn't it?" She said then, making me stop once again.

We've barely talked about Louis within the family and it wasn't because we thought he abandoned him. Mainly, me, Mark and Dan knew of his problems. Daisy, phoebe, Ernest and Doris were too young when it all started so they didn't know much and to this day it's stayed that way.

Me, Mark and Dan tried protecting them but we couldn't have protected them when it was all across the news about the band, one direction, splitting up. At that point, Louis did call us and talked to everyone before disappearing for another couple of months.

It wasn't his fault. He was only taking care of the family. He sends us money to fend ourselves, keeps in touch as much as he could when he had time. I knew of his alcohol abuse and cutting, but i didn't know how bad it was. Till I saw the news of him and Eleanor walking together then about three hours after, he was in the hospital for unknown reasons to the press.

But sadly, I could take one wild guess.

"Yes, daisy. It's Louis. He's in trouble and I need to go to America," I answered slowly, continuing to pack. Behind me, I didn't hear her, but she suddenly was by my side, picking a price of my clothing and shoving it into one of my bags.

Daisy helped speed up the process for sure and honestly, I was only looking for my passport when Mark made it to the house from work. No doubt I knew he also called Dan too. After I leave, I know he'll show up to help Mark around the house till I come back.

My bags were in the living room and there was Mark, looking disheveled and tired as fuck.

"I'm about to leave," I told him. "The red eye leaves in about three hours, airport is about forty five away from here."

Mark sighed, looking at me with drawn in eyes. "I saw it on the news...please, keep me updated."

Daisy and phoebe watched as he hugged me, their hands clasped together at their sides. I don't know where Doris or Ernest were but they were still young so I'm glad they weren't here partially. It'll be tough leaving without saying goodbye to them but it was for the best for them.

"I will, I'll make sure to call when I've made it to America," I told him reassuringly.

"Do you need any money?" Before he could pull out his wallet, I took his hand and shook my head.