Chapter 19 First Show Jitters

Harry's Pov

This was it; our first show together as a band, starting a whole new show. I was nervous, I was excited, and my adrenaline was going crazy.

The first song on the set list was Midnight Memories. As the song started to play and I started to sing, the fans grew even more deafening and I just let myself go and dive deep into the adrenaline of performing.

"Straight off the plane, to a new hotel,

Just touched down you can never tell..."

It helped a lot, especially since West was putting a lot of pressure on me in the first place.

It was because of my song, Kiwi. He of it and how the fans went wild for it and for how I love to perform it. He wanted that same energy and performance to bring in more fans. When West pulled me away, he was very tense about it and I knew if I didn't deliver, he'd be pissed.

After my verse, Louis sung his and as he did, the fans grew to a whole new sound, welcoming the lad and praising him as he sung.

"Tell me that I'm wrong but I do what I please.

Way too many people in the Addison league

Now, I'm at the age when know what I need, oh whoa!"

I couldn't help the large smile that ober took my face from hearing the fans and Louis singing. Though when I looked to him, raising my mic up as all of us joined in the chorus, he held an emotionless look.

But, when I looked him over again and his eyes met mine suddenly, they were shining with a sort of excitement I haven't seen in him since the last time we had performed together as a band.

It always happened when we were performing...I think it was like that for all of us, to find a sort of escape within the fans and performing together and being open on the stage.

Because that was the only time we truly got to be ourselves.

*

Liam's Pov

The first song went smoothly, the fans singing along loudly as we started the first show of this leg of the tour.

I missed it.

Performing with the lads and my fiance already me, the energy the fans always brought, the adrenaline I got and the chaos we'd start...

It was nice to let off steam or worries and insecurities and problems. With the fans, we couldn't exactly reveal if something was off about us and sometimes it got hard hiding but they made it easier to breathe sometimes even though they could get out of hand sometimes.

However, I loved the fans entirely.

"How's it going, Cali?!" Niall roared after the song ended, the crowd answering with a deafening screams.

Zayn took over. "Thank you all for being here and coming out to see us! We are so happy and grateful for you guys staying behind our backs! Thank you for being the best fans ever, thank you so much, we love you all! Now, here's, You and I."

<><><>

We went through the set list which included many of our big hits like, Night Changes, Story of my life, Diana, and What makes You Beautiful.

The show, we kept it pretty tame. Harry entertained the crowd with many of his horrible, horrible jokes that we tease him about. A few times me, Zayn and Niall, we messed with the fans and with each other and so on to keep the fans happy.