Chapter 44 Fly me home

Louis's Pov

When my eyes opened to exposed sun peaking through the shut curtains, I was cold. For a moment, the haziness from my nice and sweet slumber took me under and I didn't know what was going through my brain. My hands traced the distance warm spot in the sheets, catching the detail of the blankets tossed over me but I was missing that special feeling of body heat.

Harry.

I snapped up in bed, immediately wide awake and rubbing my eyes to clear them. Harry was not beside me and today was fucking Christmas. So much was planned for today.

Wait. What was fucking planned?

Shaking my head, i flipped the covers off my body to set myself stand and stretch, scratching my hair. I knew Harry would give me the details so I'd wait but I'd have to find him first.

"Oh, Lou, you awake!" His voice entered the room. Well, that didn't take long. I hummed in reply, meeting his emerald green eyes as he appeared from the bathroom. His smile was big and bright and well, contagious. I couldn't help but to smile too. I grew closer to him so that I could draw him in by wrapping an arm around his waist. Harry melted against me, laying his head upon my shoulder.

He kissed my skin. "Merry Christmas, Lou."

I shivered, pulling back to give him a smile. "Merry Christmas, Haz. Can I ask what are we doing today?"

Harry pulled away to go fix the sheets, hiding his face for a split second but I caught the way his smile took a hidden canvas. I let him drift in his silence and tried to keep patience in my grip. Part of me just wanted him to tell me as I wasn't particularly fond of surprises for...certain reasons.

When Harry was done fixing up his messy bed, he met my eyes still with that secretive smile across his face.

"Just get dressed, Lou," his fingers traced my shoulder. "We're going on a road trip.

<><><>

I did what Harry told me, following his orders of dressing myself while he packed two bags and a suitcase of clothes and some of my stuff that I asked for while sitting in my confusion the whole time. Everyone piled into the car and Harry started the road trip and still, my questions were left unanswered.

Seems like I was the only one who didn't know what the fuck was going on. I didn't really talk and just let Harry converse with his mum, Lottie and Gemma. With the soft hum of the car and the gentle music in the background, i laid my head back abasing the car seat, exhausted weighting heavily upon my head and shoulders.

I let my dazy slumber take me in a doze. I let everything around me drift away even though I wasn't completely asleep and was accompanied by my thoughts. Lately, I didn't let my thoughts take me. They always ended up dark. But to pass the time, I tried to willingly fall completely asleep, wanting Harry's deep voice to lure me into its comforting depths so I'd be left with darkness of slumber but the car fell silent so I couldn't fall. I stayed and kept my doze, content to feel Harry's hand entangling in my weak one.

In my daze, I welcomed his warm touch and squeezed his hand weakly, feeling his reassuring squeeze back and then that's when I felt it. The dominating fear of of this being a dream and if soon wake up and be back in the facility with Doctor waiting for me with a clipboard. It took me back to our talks...

We had so many in the span of two months. Everyday, we talked. Sometimes about nothing and sometimes about my family and Harry and the band and just so much.

Felt like a fever dream. Me being at Harry's side again now. Feeling like I won't see doctor for a long time even though he texted me not long ago, reminding me that in a week, we'd start again. I haven't told Harry yet. Or anyone. Wherever we were going, I had a feeling that we wont have this conversation for a bit. At least, that's what I hoped.