Chapter 28 Stay Away

Niall's Pov

We carried the night by talking, enjoying glasses of wine while also feeding each other mini sandwiches and berries, talking about whatever came to mind to let the time pass away upon our fingertips.

I didn't have anywhere else to go and awhile ago Harry asked me where I was so I gave him an answer and he told me the hotel we were staying at and room number. I let myself worry about that later because for right now I was too focused on Blake's eyes watching me, his hand in my hair and my head in his lap.

I was munching on a strawberry again, just watching Blake as he watched me. I think I was on my third or fourth glass of wine....I wasn't sure but I did know that it was enough to have a buzz go through me. For a couple of moments, we drifted into mutual silence but I could see that Blake had something on his mind.

"If you weren't famous and traveling...do you think we would've ever met?" Blake suddenly asked and the question was certainly deep. Truly, it really did catch me off guard especially with the wine in my system.

But I thought about it. Would we have though? To be honest, I didn't think we would've because without this job, I don't think I would've even gone to the states.

Biting my lip, I looked up at him and his shining hazel eyes. "I don't know, Blake..."

I let my words hang only because I didn't really want to give him my true thoughts. This night was truly perfect and I wanted it to end that way too.

Blake smiled. "I think we would've. I don't know, Niall, I just get this feeling...this feeling in my gut, no heart, that I'm just supposed to be here...with you. It's so weird because I've only met you just last night but I feel like I've known you for years instead of two days."

If it was the alcohol that was making tears well up in my eyes, only Blake would know.

"I feel the same way."

Then he kissed me...

Louis was right.

<><><>

A constant banging noise drove me to insanity. I was in a slumber so deep, I thought I was dreaming except it was only me and Blake in my dreams....

Only when the banging grew louder and louder as I woke up, was when I finally ripped off the blankets with a growl and stomped my way to my door. Ripping it open, I glared at the four people who stood all shyly at the foot of threshold, staring at me with wide eyes.

Liam was the culprit, arm rose ready to knock on the wood again. Fear flashed all across their eyes except for Louis who stood there in leather black jeans and his typical black long sleeve.

"Sleep good, Nialler?" He asked them, no fear, no emotion besides the teasing look he got shining in his dulling blue eyes.

"Go to hell," my deep raspy voice but his head off without my willingness.

Louis hummed, lips twitching up. "Gladly."

Grumbling, I turned away from the four, ambling back inside of the safety of my room and bed.

"You good, Ni? Late night?" Liam asked gently,  voice farther away as they stayed by the door. I merely groaned, plopping onto my bed in a heavy heap.

"Come on, Niall, I'll make you a cuppa and some food," Harry seemed to be inside of my room, already in the kitchen it seems as I hear rattling happening about. I whipped up at that because Harry never really offers to cook, but oh boy, when he does, it's pure heaven.