newbie [ part 2 ]

Part 2.

______

      Once I'm stood infront of her door, I just felt myself became nervous. What if she don't want to talk to me? I pace around and think if I should do it and knock or just let it go, but I can't let her go again. Steve's right, this is my only chance. I took a deep breath and knock. I heard shuffling inside and the door opens.

"Uh, hi." I shyly said.

"What do you want?" She asked as she leaned against the door.

"Can we talk?" I asked nervously.

"No, I'm busy. Maybe next time." She bluntly said before closing the door behind me. I sigh before walking away.

She really changed. A lot.

The night comes and all of us are preparing for dinner. My gazed snapped into the elevator when it dings. Y/N walked out from it with some files on her hand and the other is holding her phone. She walks past us and grab a water from the fridge. She still didn't look any of us, keeping her attention to whatever she's doing.

"Hey, kid?" Tony finally spoke making her turn her attention to Tony. She didn't say anything waiting for him to continue.

"We're about to have dinner, you should join us." He continues. She look at him for a second before letting herself think about it.

She smiled before closing the files and sat down next to Wanda where she always sit.

"How are you?" Steve asked starting a conversation while we starts to eat.

"I'm good, wait-no, scratch that. I'm better." She said and genuinely smile.

"What are you doing for the past month?" I finally spoke. She looked at me for a while before answering.

"Nothing much, just some missions, get yelled by my Dad sometimes because I keep pissing him, practice some skills, date a random people and some sort of stuff." She state. I hum and nod.

"I'm happy to finally have you back here. We missed you all." Bruce said and smiled which she gladly return.

"I missed you too but I highly doubt about what you said." She said and glance at me.

"What? You don't believe me?" Bruce asked.

"No, not that. Well, if you know what I clearly mean." She said and continue to eat.

Everyone looks at me clearly know what she finally talking about. We fall into a silence when her phone rings. She looks at it before she groan.

"I'm sorry, I need to answer this. I guess." She said and walked to the corner before answering the phone.

"What do you want?"
"Excuse me? I showed up!"
"Should I feel sorry for you?"
"Apologize? You want me to apologize to you?"
"For what? for not having the same feelings for you."
"It's not my fault that your a dick, that I don't like you and your not my type!"
"In the very beginning, I told you that this dating thing is not going anywhere but clearly you didn't listen to me! Now your acting like it's my fault!"
"Fuck you!"

She hang up and walked back towards us, she slam her phone to the table startling everyone including me. I've never seen her be mad. Not even once. She looks at us and saw that we're all staring at her.

"Sorry." She mumbled and runs her hand through her hair.

"Who was that?" Steve asked.

"You seem so pissed, no, maybe mad." Wanda adds. She sigh before answering.