I miss you [ S.J ]

→ warnings: mention of blood.

____

"I miss you." Scarlett said on the other line making me chuckle.

"I know, my love. I miss you too, so much." I replied.

"when are you coming back?" she asked in a whiny voice.

I chuckled at her cuteness before replying, "tomorrow morning, love."

I heard her squeal happily, "really!? I can't wait to see you and tackle you with hugs and kisses!" she happily said.

to be honest, my jaw is starting to hurt by how long I'm smiling and how wide it is but do I care? no, definitely not since it's worth it if behind this smile is my gorgeous wife.

"I can't wait also, I miss your lips against mine." I replied.

"just my lips?" she asked and I can already see that she's pouting.

"ofcourse I miss you more than your lips." I said with a smile even though she can't see it.

"come home to me, okay? I need you." she said in almost a whispered tone.

"hey, baby. I'll always come home to you, no matter what. I just need to settle this deal then I'll be with you again." I said softly, "don't be sad, baby, please? you know I can't bare seeing you like that." I added.

I heard her sniffle making me sigh, "I just miss you so much, we've been apart for three months now and I want you here with me." she cried out.

"stop crying, wife. I'm not there to wipe that tears of yours, I promise you, I'll give you everything you want tomorrow. lots of hugs, kisses, even we just curled up in bed cuddling all day." I said in a happy voice.

"promise?" she mumbled in a crack voice.

"I promise. I love you, my wife. always."

"I love you too, my love. always."

_

"hey..." Scarlett slowly said, "how are you?" she asked with a smile, sitting on the grass.

“I'm perfect, now that you're here.” I replied.

"you know, the cast planned on drinking tonight to celebrate Lizzie's engagement. god, I can't believe my bestfriend is getting married now." she said with a chuckle making me smile, "can you imagine it? I can't wait to see her walk down the aisle. fuck, I'm just imagining it right now and I can already see myself a crying mess." she added making me laugh.

"I can't wait also, I bet she'll be prettier than she already is."

she sigh, "thank you, my wife, for everything. you know I love you, right?" she asked as tears left her eyes.

"I know, baby. I love you too, always." I replied.

"always." she mumbled and let out a watery laugh, "then why?" she added.

my forehead creased in confusion, "huh? what do you mean why?" I asked.

before she can even answer, someone walked towards her and sat down before bringing her into a tight hug.

"shh, it's okay. I'm here, baby." it said.

what?

"I just don't understand up until now, Colin. why? she told me before the accident that I'm going to see her the next day but I didn't know that the location will be a morgue!" she cried out into his arms.

accident? morgue?

"baby, what are you talking about?" I asked but received nothing in response.

"I'm sorry, Colin."

"it's okay, she's your wife and she owned most of your heart. it's not easy to move forward especially if the person you lost is the one who matters the most." he said before cupping her face, "I understand, love. as long as I know that you love me even though not as much as you love her, I'm happy. I'm not here to replace her part inside your heart." he added before kissing her lips.

I was mad, I tried to grab Scarlett's hand but... I can't?

what is going on?

I was furious, I don't understand. not until... I remembered it. I remember it all.

that day, I was driving on my way home, to Scarlett, when a truck hit my car.

my eyes were blurry but I can clearly see the blood all over my hands. the blood that's dripping down my face.

the broken glasses all over the place, the truck, and the other people that laying on the ground with blood all over their body.

I tried... I really tried, but the amount of blood I'm loosing, by how my breathing starting to cut short, I know I can't make it. and... I didn't.

all this time, I'm just a presence beside her that she can't see. she can't hear.

she can't feel me and now after 2 years, she's finally happy with someone else.

2 years...

it's bittersweet. I use to look into those beautiful eyes and see my reflection but now, I see his.

sometimes death opens your eyes to the big picture. I know she will always love me, but my story’s ending was always meant to be the start of theirs.

thats when I learned that a heart can still break even when it doesn't beat anymore.

"I'm happy that happiness found it's way back to you, my love. even if it's not me by your side, I know our love will forever last." I said with a smile even though she can't hear me while tears streaming down my face.

she was happy again. and  I was happy that she was, but it was not without a tinge of sadness.

she was mine, till death did us apart.

"know that she'll be loved." Colin said to my grave with a genuine smile before leaving with the person that was once mine.

and that was enough for me to surrender at last.

“I miss you.” I said with a sad smile watching them leave.

_______

and... that's a wrap! this is the last chapter for this book, thankyou everyone, I love y'all! hope this last chapter is good enough and that you like it. let me know what you think, enjoy! ♡

ps: I'll see you on my other oneshot book? I guess?

- G.J