short [ switch ]

I walked out of the bathroom, fully clothed as I just finished showering. I was damping my hair with a towel until I felt two arms lift me up making me yelp in surprise.

"oh my god, Nat!" I said and she chuckled, "put me down, please."

she just shook her head and sat at the edge of the bed with me sitting on her lap. she took the towel from my hand and start drying my hair.

"you know, you really need to stop this little habit of yours," I said breaking the short silence, "what habit?" she asked continuing her task.

"you, carrying me like a small baby." I replied while she looked at me plainly, "but, you're my baby," she replied with a little head tilt.

basically, she's 5'7 and me... well, I'm 5'0, don't ask me why I'm short because I don't have any answer to give. can you believe that? a woman who's already passed legal age is only 5'0?

[A/N; again, I don't know the height difference. if 5'0 is too short, my apologies.]

"I know, but I have feet, I can walk." I argued she raised her eyebrows before sighing.

"fine..." she said and I can feel she's not yet finished, "but?" I asked and she smiled innocently. oh no.

"but, first, you need to reach the peanut butter on the second shelf in the kitchen." she finished and I laugh.

"that's so fucking easy-"

"without using any chairs or tip toeing." she added and I just look at her in disbelief, "Nat, are you crazy?" I asked while she shook her head no.

"that's impossible, I mean impossible if I'm not gonna use any chair and even if I tip toed, it's freaking impossible." I stated and she shrugged, "then no." she simply said. and start drying my hair again while I just crossed my arms in my chest with a huff.

you see, this is the problem. everytime I tell Nat to stop carrying me around, she always have this impossible task for me before she would stop with this habit.

at first, it's okay but lately it's getting a little bit... out of hand.

I was peacefully walking down the hall when a sudden pair of hands lift me up, and carry my like a koala "oh gosh, Nat! you scared me," I said and she giggled before kissing my forehead, "I'm sorry baby, just got excited when I saw you."

"put me down now," I said and tap her hands, "no, I like you like this. my koala, let me carry you."

"nat, someone might see us," I whispered and she gave a 'so what' look, "and? I don't care if they see me carrying my lovely girlfriend, they need to just fuck off and mind their own damn business."

I just smiled at her and let her carry me all the way to the lounge for the first time.

-

"nat, I can walk," I said when I saw her preparing herself to carry me, it's been two weeks since she first carried me and after that, she now always wanted me to cling to her like a koala.

"I know, but I want to carry you." she said and walked to me, "let me walk this time, please. you've been carrying me all the time even with just me going to the bathroom." I said and cupped her face with both of my hands.

she lifted me up making me wrap my arms around her neck for me not to fall, she kissed the tip of my nose and smiled sweetly, "nope, and that's final." she said before going out of my room and start our journey all the way to the dining to eat lunch.

-

"hey, I'm just gonna go to the restroom." I announced for them not to look for me, I stand and about to walk away when I hand hold my wrist, I look at it and it was Natasha's hand. oh god, please!

"let me carry you," she softly said, "Nat, I have two feet for a reason, I can walk. it's just a short walk, I'll be back I promise." I quickly said.

"come on, Nat. let her go to the restroom in peace," Steve said which I quickly agreed to, "she won't go missing just because she left to piss herself off, calm your nerves." Clint added.

"shut up, come on now, love." she said refusing to listen to my complaints and the teams words. I just sigh and let her carry me.

"have fun shitting yourself, y/n the koala." Tony teased making them laugh while I just give him a two middle finger.

basically, that's some of it. I can't even remember when was the last time I'm able to walk down the halls without being carried by her.

"all done, come on, let's eat dinner." she said and before I can complain she already have me in her arms since I'm sitting in her lap.

we reached the dining and everyone's eyes turn to us, "the lovebirds are finally here, I'm starving." Clint said making me giggle.

"how are you, y/n the koala?" Tony asked with a smirk tugging in his lips.

"go fuck yourself, stank!" I said with attitude making them laugh, "don't pissed my little baby, you might end up dead." Natasha said sitting me on her lap.

basically, her lap my permanent sit now. when Wanda served the food, we start eating with casual conversation going around, laughing, teasing and more. after a while, Natasha's feeding me already because she's done with her food.

as we finished, I can barely stand because of how full I am. Natasha noticed and gently rub my waist, "come on, let me carry you back to our room." she softly whispered and I gave her a nod.

she lifts me up before saying goodnight to everyone, we reached our room and she gently put me down on our bed.

she wraps her arms around me, pulling me closer to her, cuddling. I hum in satisfaction and buried my face in her chest.

"I love you, Nat. thanks for carrying me tonight," I whispered against her chest and she chuckled, "it's no big deal, love. I'd love to do it everyday, and I love you too." she replied and pressed a long kiss on my forehead.

maybe, being short and her carrying me always is not that bad all the time.

_________

here you go, hope this is fine. <3 KailynStrickland natswifeandlife

ps; I change it from 4'5 to 5'0 because apparently it's too small, sorry.

- G.J