highschool sweetheart [ N.R ]

Today is the first day of my job. I'll be working on Avengers compound as their doctor. They hired me privately and said that I'll be staying there if I'm working with them.

I already packed my things and just waiting for someone they sent to pick me up, I wore a plain shirt and my favourite jeans. I also wore my necklace, the necklace that my favourite person and also my first and greatest love gave me.

I caressed the necklace in my hand and admire it, it's been like a decade or seems like forever since we last saw eachother. But, all of our memories are still fresh in me like it just happened yesterday.

FLASHBACK

"Y/N!" I heard Natalia, my roommate also my girlfriend shouts.

"What? Why?" I said while rushing out of our room.

"Nothing, I just wanted to give you something." She said giggling at me, I sigh and straighten my body.

"What is it? you scared me for a second." I said and she walks towards me. She caressed my cheeks and flashed me a smile, I relax at her touch and held her waist.

"I love you." she softly said.

"I love you too." I replied and give her a peck on her lips.

"You said you'll give something, what is it?" I asked eagerly as I pulled away.

She laughs and grab something inside her pocket.

"Here." She said smiling at me as she hands me the box, I gave her a confused look and she nods her head saying that I should open it. When I opened the box it reveals a necklace inside.

"Oh my god, Talia. This is so pretty." I said and tears start to form in my eyes.

"Pretty as you." She said and winks at me. I pulled her neck and kissed her for a second, I pulled away and hug her tightly.

"Thank you so much, love. I promise to wear this every single day." I said as I sniffle, she pulled away and smiled at me lovingly.

"It's no big deal, you deserve it. And always remember that if ever we go to different paths, I'll always remember you by that." She said and pointed at the necklace.

"Can you put it on me?" I asked and give her a puppy eyes. She giggles and nods, I turned around and gave her the necklace. She put the necklace on me and left a kiss on my neck.

    A single tear drops on my face as I recall our memory together. I held my necklace once again as tears continue flowing down my face, I took a deep breath and wipe my tears away.

I heard a knock from my door so I instantly open it.

"you must be y/n?" He asked with a wide smile.

I smiled at him and nod, "yes, and you are?"

"I'm Happy, Mr. Stark told me to pick you up." He said and extend his hand, I accepted it and grab my bag.

"Alright, let's go shall we?" I cheerfully said. He laughed and nods.

We walked to the car and he opened the door for me. Oh, a gentleman.

"Thank you." I said before entering the car. He walked to the driver seat and start to head to our way.

I look outside the window while caressing my necklace. This always makes me feel safe, calm, and everything. This is everything to me.

After a long ride we finally arrived. I hide the necklace inside my shirt and again, he opened the door for me and smiled before walking ahead of me. I followed him as he entered the building. When we finally entered, we're met by the Avengers sitting on the lounge.