you went home early [ S.J ]

SCARLETT'S POV

I walked downstairs and jumped a little when I saw y/n standing there.'

"l-love, why are you here?" I shuttered.

"because it's our house?" she sarcastically replied.

"I know, uh, I'm just not used to that you're here already." I explain while she raised her eyebrows. "why are even here already? you're early." I nervously said.

"why are you sweating?" she asked ignoring my question.

"it's hot." I said.

"the aircon is literally enough to cover up the hotness." she replied crossing her arms over her chest, "and, why are you so nervous?" she added, gesturing me.

"WHAT!?" I shouted, "I-I mean, what? ofcourse not, why would I be?" I cleared my throat.

"are you hiding something, scarlett?" she sternly asked.

one thing about her is when she's mad, she's really and I mean really scary. her eyes boring into you, looking through your soul.

"n-no. what are you talking about?" I nervously asked, slowly picking my nails.

crap! I'm gonna get caught! please, don't.

"Scarlett..." she trailed.

oh, fuck!

"are you preparing a birthday surprise for me again?" she asked, giggling.

I groan, "why are you here so early?" I asked with furrowed brows.

why does she have to get home so early? now the surprise is already ruined. she caught me.

"my boss let me have the rest of the day." she replied with a smile.

"who's that boss of yours? I'm gonna kick their ass, they ruined the surprise." I frown.

she laugh, "me, baby. I'm the boss." she said.

"that's what I said." I mumbled before rolling my eyes, "can you leave so I can finish the rest?" I asked with a pout making her giggle.

"how much more do you need to fix?" she asked.

I thought for a bit before answering, "I still need to put those petals and the cake aren't ready yet." I whined.

"should I stay here?" she raised her eyebrows.

"no! it's okay." I waved my hand.

"you always getting caught by me everytime you're trying to surprise me." she said, shaking her head.

I tsk, "whatever, you won't caught me next time." I said while she laughs, "I'll make it up to you next week." I sigh.

"you literally just told me when is your next surprise."

"excuse me, I never said when was the exact date." I defend.

"sure, baby, sure." she giggle, "come on, I wanna see what you've done this time." she said, pulling me upstairs.

I giggle at her cuteness and let her drag me. god, I'll make sure to never get caught again next time.

_______

pretty short, it's rush and I didn't really plan this that much. tiktok inspired.

ps: guess who's birthday today is! mine and I haven't slept yet and I don't have any plans ksksksksk

- G.J