eight years [ S.J ]

"see! I told you to stop eating sweets at night." she hissed at me with a tsk.

"baby, it hurts!" I complain, hissing at the pain as my hand is on my cheeks.

yeah, I should've listen to her when she told me to stop eating sweets every night because now, I'm paying the consequences.

she sigh, pinching the bridge of her nose, "I'll get you a glass of water then we'll go to the dentist." scarlett said.

"but love, how about the movie you want?" I asked with a frown.

"we can go watch it some other time, for now I'm going to take care of you. okay?" she asked pointing her finger at me.

I giggled that instantly turn into a hiss, "okay." I said, nodding.

_

I just finished doing my job today and finally got home. I walked inside and saw my beautiful girlfriend, sitting on the couch reading a book.

"god, the job today are so hard. I'm so tired!" I complain, dropping my bag before sitting beside her.

"how hard is it? rate it from 1-10." she said, closing her book.

"20." I shortly replied and groan.

she put down the book before taking me to sit on her lap. I put my head on the crook of her neck, sighing at the comfort.

"what do you want to do?" she softly asked, stroking my hair gently.

I hum, "just cuddles, please." I mumbled on her neck.

"cuddles it is." she said, chuckling making me let out a little laugh.

god, she's so fucking cute.

_

"happy 8 years, my Scarlett." I said, smiling widely as I hand her the bouquet.

"happy 8 years, my y/n." she replied, mirroring my smile as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I can't believe it, we've been together for so long." I said, a bit amused by how long we are now. the journey we did together and how we manage to make it right now.

"come on, let's go to the garden." I said, offering my hand to her.

"what? why?" she curiously asked.

"I'm going to murder you now." I jokingly said that received a slap on my chest, "I'm kidding, jeez." I added, chuckling.

she gave me a look making me laugh before she took my hand. I guide her towards the garden, I heard her gasp when she saw the sight.

 I guide her towards the garden, I heard her gasp when she saw the sight

"y/n, w-what is this?" she asked.

"love, we've been together for so many years and I know to myself the moment we started dating that you're the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. I love you so damn much that I can't imagine myself waking up without you by my side." I stopped for a bit and took a deep breath, "I want to cherish every moment I have with you. you are my treasure I want to keep safe forever, please, let me. I, Y/N Y/LN is asking you Scarlett Ingrid Johansson to be my wife. will you please make me the happiest person alive and be mine forever?" I asked going down on my knee while tears streaming down her face.

"YES!!" Scarlett said happily.

"hey, why did you suddenly— y/n! I told you to stop watching that!" Lizzie said with furrowed brows when she saw me looking at my phone.

I sniffle and wipe my tears, "w-why? what did I do? am I not enough for her?" I asked as sob left my mouth.

"y/n..."

"am I really not worthy for love? am I not deserving to marry the person I love the most?" I look down at my lap and let out a painful chuckle, "you know what's worst?" I then look back at her again, "she's now engaged to the guy she told me not to be jealous of. everytime, she's telling me that I'm being dramatic and overreacting." I said and harshly wipe my tears away.

eight years. eight years that went all to waste in just a blink of an eye.

the night I proposed to her, she said no. she said she wasn't ready yet and I respect that even though it hurts. so much.

but then, after that, everything changed. she becomes a bit distance until we barely talk anymore. I barely see her and she's getting close to one of her co-worker.

I did talk to her about it and told her that I'm uncomfortable and getting a bit jealous but she gets mad and called me dramatic.

"we're just friends and nothing more." I mumbled, "that's what she said." I added.

"y/n, please, stop. you're hurting yourself by holding onto something and someone that you know wasn't there anymore." Lizzie said and get a hold of my hand, "don't let what happened bought you down, you can do so much more than this. there's so many people out there that much better than her, let go and start a new life."

I sob, "I just don't understand. 8 years, Lizzie! 8 fucking years and she didn't saw her future with me, rejected my proposal saying she wasn't ready and now, she's engaged to that fucking guy. they've been together for just six months, Lizzie! six fucking months!" I scream, sobbing continuously.

my chest starting to tighten and my breathing becomes ragged. she noticed it and quickly pulled me into a tight hug.

"breath, y/n, please." she whispered rubbing my back soothingly, "follow my breathing."

I did what she said while she keeps whispering things to me. we stayed like that for a minute until my cries died down but still sniffling.

she pulled away and cupped my face, "fucking listen to me. you are Y/N Y/LN and she's just Scarlett Johansson, you deserve better. she don't deserve you, your love and pure heart. don't let her see that you can't live without her. make her see and realize that with or without her, you can live your life and be happy. you don't need her." she sternly said, never once taking her gaze away from my eyes.

I can live without her.

can I?

"y/n." she called, "you can do this. I'll help you get through this until you're fully healed." she said and I gave her a defeated nod.

there's no point anymore because just like she said, she wasn't here anymore. I don't have her, somebody does.

you don't need her.

I don't, I can continue my life and face you without affecting me anymore. my heart won't shatter anymore everytime I see you. one day, this tears will turn into smiles and this time, you're not the reason behind it.

those butterflies in my stomach are slowly dying.

the smile you gave me are slowly fading.

you're my rest but now you're the one who makes me tired.

the pages of our book has already been read. we will start again with different stories.

the sunset is beautiful isn't it?

______

ehem, no words. hope y'all like this. let me know what you think, enjoy!

ps: thankyou fellas for the greetings, I appreciate it! ♡

- G.J