thankyou [ S.J ]

"I love you, so much!" she said and peck my lips, "I love you too, Scarlett." I said with wide smile.

"you know, I can already see our future together." she said and I look deep in her eyes.

I swear, without her doing so much effort and by me just looking at her, I'm definitely falling deeper.

"really?" I asked and she hum before nodding, "one of this days, when we get married, let's invite our exes." she said with a smile.

I look at her with furrowed eyebrows, "you serious?"

she nods and rest her chin in my chest, looking straight to my eyes, "yes, because you know if they didn't hurt or left us, we're not gonna meet eachother and we wouldn't be together right now." she shared.

"so, inviting them is just like a thank you?"  I asked confused.

"something like that but also slapping them with the fact that we can move forward and live our lives without them. that we found eachother." she replied and lean in to give me a kiss.

a short kiss but full of love.

eventually, she pulled away while I chase her lips. I pout when she didn't let me kiss her again making her laugh, "come on, we still need to talk." she said.

"talk about what?"

"our future."

_

Today, I'm standing at the altar waiting for her. I was so nervous that my palm is starting to sweat. I feel like I'm gonna pass out but, I can't do that.

I took a deep breath then I heard the church door opened. my eyes instantly snapped to it and felt my world stop when I saw her.

It feels like it's just me and her while she's walking down the aisle wearing her wedding gown with that gorgeous smile of hers.

my eyes never leaving her, she's so beautiful. she's always beautiful. my heart beating faster the more she's getting closer.

when she's already close, her eyes finally meet mine and I instantly start to tear up, "thank you," she mouthed, smiling and walked passed me.

a tear slip off my eyes that I instantly wipe away, I look infront of me and there she is. getting married to someone who is not me.

few years ago, she just suddenly told me that she fell out of love. we barely see eachother because of her job but I always gave her this constant reassurance that it was fine and I understand.

until all of a sudden, she gave me this call breaking up with me. I'm so wreck that time, all I can do was cry and ask my self worth, why did she broke up with me, did I do something wrong. thoughts after thoughts invade my mind.

after just a month, I saw somewhere that she's already dating someone. I was so broken, because it only took her a month to get over me while I'm still crying over her?

but then again, if she's happy then I'm happy. as long as he's treating her right, making her happy, giving everything she deserves, I'm good. she deserves it, she deserves everything in this world.

so here I am now, watching the love of my life getting tied to someone else. she really did stick up to her promise, she invited me to her wedding. her ex.

everything we planned for our future wedding, she's doing it right now except not with me.

as I watch them kiss, my heart broke into a million pieces while tears start to leave my eyes.

my tears and broken heart in exchange for her smile, I'm willing to break my heart and shed so many tears if it means it'll make her happy. that's all I want.

I turn around and left the church, standing outside inhaling deeply, hands in my pocket. I wipe of my face, sniffling a little until I felt a presence beside me.

"this is stupid question but, are you okay?" Lizzie asked with concern tone.

I look at her with half smile, "don't worry, I'm good. I'm happy for her, she have what she wants."

"she's happy but you're not."

I look at the sky, a sigh leaving my mouth, "sometimes we need to sacrifice our own happiness just to see the person we love become happy." a tear escape my eyes, "having her is one of the happiest moment in my life and letting her go is one of my biggest pain."

I felt Lizzie's hand rub my back, "you can get through this, I know you still love her but, it's time for you to move forward." she softly said.

"I know and I will." I mumbled, she wrapped her arms around me engulfing me into a tight hug.

that's all I need and I'm in tears, once again. she keeps whispering sweet things and comforting me, constantly rubbing my back.

seems like destiny doesn't agree on us, only in my Imagination where her and I had a happily ever after.

our chapter was great, though both of us have to move on to the next part of the book, and we have to go separate ways in that chapter.

we'll meet again in another life, this one isn't for us.

________

hewooooo, how are y'all doin'? hope you like this one! and I do have a question, I'm planning to publish a w.m / e.o oneshot book, would be interested in reading it? let me know!

- G.J