proposal [ S.J ]

a/n: doctor G!P Scarlett and lawyer reader.

____

"thankyou so much for tonight, baby." I said to Scarlett with a big smile written all over my face.

"we're not done yet, we still have a dessert!" she excitedly said like a kid making me giggle.

"you're so cute, my darling." I said in a bit tiny voice.

she pout, "I'm not, don't say that!" she whined.

I laugh, "yes, you are. look at you right now, pouting and whining like a cute little baby." I said, "my baby though."

"damn right, yours only."

before I can answer, a plate is placed infront of us. I giggled at her cuteness when she clapped her hands like a five year old girl getting the dessert she wants.

"cute." I mumbled to myself smiling widely as I kept staring— admiring my girlfriend.

god, how can someone be so perfect? she's just so perfect. she's so kind, her beauty and perfect features is just an addition.

and for the first time, I glance down at my plate, gasp leaving my mouth and my eyes snapped back at Scarlett that have a wide smile on her face before winking at me.

"baby, wh-what? I-I, huh?" I stumbled upon my words still stunned and shocked.

she revealed a red velvet box before walking to my side and kneeling down, "y/n, my baby, you healed pieces of me I didn’t know needed healing. you cared for me when I didn’t know I could use that extra love. you brought out the happiness in me I didn’t know existed. you’ve made me feel more alive than ever." she softly said making eyes welled up with tears, "I’m so grateful for you every second. I’m grateful that we met. I’m grateful that somehow in this crazy universe with infinite possibilities, destiny paved the way so we could see each other at the right time at the right place in the right moment. So many things could have happened to keep us from existing together, yet we met and started something so beautiful. I’m grateful for us and I never want to let you go."

"Scarlett..." I whispered which she quickly shush me up.

"I'm not done yet." she said, "you have something of mine, you had it in the first look and never really left the possession of it…" she stops for a bit, "my heart. so, if you’re planning on keeping it forever, we might as well seal the deal. be mine forever?" she finished and by that time, tears are spilling out of my eyes.

I wiped my tears and chuckled making her chuckled too as she patiently wait for my answer, "When I first saw you, I felt like I knew you, and I couldn’t stop seeing my life with you, and building a family together. One that isn’t stuck in the pain of the past. It’s very pretty. and so, if you’re asking me if my proposition still stands, then my answer is yes. yes. a thousand times, yes." I happily said as she stands and pulled me into a deep kiss.