too late [ N.R ]

Hi, I'm Y/N Y/LN. and here's the thing, I grew up in the red room along with the great Blackwidow of Avengers. Natasha Romanoff.

ever since we were kids, we're already close to eachother. we're friends. we know eachother's secrets, we spend time together, we do everything together. and I can't really stop myself but... to fall inlove.

today, I was planning on telling her what I really feel. how much I am inlove with her. because it's either now or never. right?

"uhm, Nat? are you in here?" I said knocking on her door.

"Just a second." she shouted and I heard shuffling before she opened the door.

"y/n, hi! w-what can I do for you?" she said and stepped aside letting me in.

"are you busy? can I tell you something?" I said and sat down at the edge of her bed.

she sat down next to me, "not at all, what is it?" she asked with a smile.

"well, I, uh, I don't— I'm freaking nervous right now." I said and let out a chuckle. she smiled and holds my hand, "don't be, what is it?"

I cleared my throat and keep my eyes on the floor, "I like you, a lot. I just, spending so much time you, I can't help it."

I felt her tenses up at my confession, "y/n, look, I—" before she can finish the bathroom door revealing Steve.

"Nat, baby—" when he noticed me his eyes went wide, "oh, uhm, y/n we— me and nat we're just— oh god."

I look at Nat, "you two are... together?" I asked pointing at them while she nods.

"yes, 2 months. we're keeping it a secret for now." she explained, she looks at Steve and they had a conversation with their eyes before Steve excuses himself and leave the room.

"y/n, about the you know, I just—"

"oh, no, no, no. it was a joke, it's a prank!" I said cutting her off and let out a fake laugh.

she furrowed her eyebrows unsure about what I said, "are you- are you sure?"

"yes ofcourse!" I laugh a little, "did I convince you? does it sound and look so convincing?" I asked with energy but deep down inside, I'm hurting. I'm broken.

"yes, y-you sound convincing. you scared me," she softly said and giggles before hugging me, "I love you y/n, you're like a sister to me."

a sister. yes.

I didn't notice that a tear slip off my eyes until Nat pointed it out, "hey, why are you crying? are you sure you're okay?" she asked, her eyes filled with concern.

I sniff and chuckled, "yes, I'm sorry. I just, I can be a really good prankster now. yay!" I lied once again, "I-I'll go, thanks for the time." I said and stand removing her hands from me before leaving her room as fast as I can.

When I reach my room, that's when all the pain come rushing to me. tears instantly covered my face, it hurts and what worst is I shouldn't be feeling this. she's not mine.

I cried and cried until I fell asleep. The next morning, I woke up with heavy feeling in my chest, I wash my face to get rid of the red puffy eyes. I came down to the dining and there they are, waiting for me.

"great, we can finally eat." Tony said.

I sent them a weak fake smile and sat down next to Wanda, we started eating and they all having fun with the conversation that I don't know what is. my mind is not here with them right now.

I got startled when a hand touches my shoulder, "hey, hey, it's me. I'm sorry, you just awfully quiet today. you okay?" wanda asked and I let out a deep breath before nodding.